Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
  11 hours ago, Hadarah said:

My interview is Wednesday 😌 

Wow! so is my wife's

Are you taking any photographic evidence of marriage or would they have it in the case file from i130 application? We sent pictures then not sure if we should bring more pictures?

1 hour ago, Japples said:

Wow! so is my wife's

Are you taking any photographic evidence of marriage or would they have it in the case file from i130 application? We sent pictures then not sure if we should bring more pictures?

Doesn't hurt to bring a few just in case! People who have already interviewed said they were not asked for photos, BUT I believe it's on the list of things to bring? Somewhere online or in an email.... I haven't printed mine out yet but I'm planning to do it soon. Probably on Sunday.

Wow! so is my wife's

Mine is Monday. My attorney suggested I make a binder for evidence. I put pics of all our important trips, wedding, reception, birth of baby, purchase of new home, flight stubs, letters from when he deployed and a few more things. Its probably not needed, but id rather have it than to be asked for it. Im sure it doesnt have to be above and beyond like what I made lol but I used up the covid lockdown to work on it and its great as a memory book I guess.

(@Japples)

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:
  11 hours ago, Hadarah said:

My interview is Wednesday 😌 

Wow! so is my wife's

Wow! so is my wife's

Doesn't hurt to bring a few just in case! People who have already interviewed said they were not asked for photos, BUT I believe it's on the list of things to bring? Somewhere online or in an email.... I haven't printed mine out yet but I'm planning to do it soon. Probably on Sunday.

Wow! so is my wife's

Mine is Monday. My attorney suggested I make a binder for evidence. I put pics of all our important trips, wedding, reception, birth of baby, purchase of new home, flight stubs, letters from when he deployed and a few more things. Its probably not needed, but id rather have it than to be asked for it. Im sure it doesnt have to be above and beyond like what I made lol but I used up the covid lockdown to work on it and its great as a memory book I guess.

(@Japples)

thanks @Hawk Riders :) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

In June 2019 @KartineeKartoons started a group message for Canadian spousal applicant VJers who were stuck in the Montreal interview scheduling backlog. They invited members at the same stage in the IV process and the message group has remained active more than a year later, currently with 199 VJ members. Not all members are active in the conversation, and a few weeks ago someone suggested it was time to disband the message group.

I am inviting all the active members to hold our discussion here, publicly in the forum, moving forward. Having our collective experiences and knowledge siloed behind closed doors is a disservice to the the whole of the VJ community. Let's strengthen the community as a whole by making a shift.

Invitations: @DGF @shammykay @Tofu @sjb17 @rainbow-skies @Mzamour @Cath&Claire @sh114 @S.H.11 @Leah123 @DoubleE @Hadarah @MWhite @legendqueue @SeriaRisa11 @PawlD @i5love @Jay&Sid @mizzem @Kingsrish @Abhikochar @Je9ala @Madison99 @ArgiE0601 @Lovepeace0303 @leo18 @A&RN @marahm18 @acmanu @Sanmcall @Dkw @SASAS @Romans13 @Rose__ @InspectorGrover @canadavisa22 @chefcurry88 @lngtimecoming @Lovenature @mam521 @Noam D @Pat1976 @dee&vee @AMSAL @ReadIcculus @Jacqueline H @Couchpotato560 @Dbrennan @eketros @MrsDex @wordsfromdani @kburbasaur @Jenn&Matt @Waitin-Game @mika__ @Specter @ameena1423 @chanel167 @TOtoVA @Michelle_VM @BunyanP @HRubin @Irregularblob @US-EH @C&L2018 @rafale1973 @Lois K @2Ps @Rush11 @jackanddeona @Kaleigh11 @vjcl @SJS8581 @Ptitchou @fxch3 @starboogie @tmac99 @Flowergirl 737 @Prairiegirl3 @Skaur0609 @Cammabear @Emilini @jacketconfident @eagle212 @betzzymathew @Sarjb77 @Akaur @JACHA @Rotorhead @BeeSee @CGs_Mother @SAsal @Todd@Alya @Hamlet @AfterTheSnow @JandTK @Mel and Deb @Abe&Noha @anto3knee @PennyLaneB @JenTex @Aminac13 @Canadiangirl38 @Jaret&Rachael @llednew.rm

Group members not specifically listed above haven't signed into and/or read VJ messages for a while but are more than welcome to participate.

Let's all help keep information accessible to all and transparent, and alleviate the anxiety other visa applicants experience navigating this convoluted process.

Thanks!

Brilliant idea! @Hawk Riders

Timeline

I will say, I'm going to miss waking up to 20+ emails during the 3rd week of the month and knowing ILs have gone out. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
5 hours ago, Romans13 said:

Fyi

since my police clearance will expire in November, I got a new one. Fingerprinted on 9 September, and got it in the mail on 18September in Calgary. Not bad. 

i will probably need yet another one in a years time, before I get an IL 😂

Same. Mine expires November 6th. I will go get a new one soon. I do hope to get an interview in November or December at the latest. 
anxiously awaiting October now to see if we get ILs the first 2 weeks of the month. 

Timeline

This is a great idea. Thanks for taking the time to tag everybody, @Hawk Riders

Now that it's searchable, it will also (hopefully) reduce the number of times we have to tell folks this has already been covered, go back to page... :)

Marriage:2018-09-28

I-130 Sent :2019-01-08

I-130 NOA1 :2019-01-16

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved :2019-03-28

NVC Received :2019-04-10

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Pay AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Send IV Package: 2019-09-06

Case Complete at NVC: 2019-12-09

Receive Instruction and Interview Letter: 2020-03-05

Interview: 2020-04-20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.