Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About eketros

  • Rank
  • Member # 322375
  • Location Vancouver, BC, Canada

Profile Information

  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Phoenix AZ Lockbox
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. They say either long form birth certificates or the certified copies are acceptable. What you need is listed here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html Manitoba: >Applicants should obtain "large" certificates or certified copies from the Vital Statistics Agency in Winnipeg Ontario: >Applicants should obtain "large" certificates or certified copies of a registration For the initial i130 I believe you only need the children's birth certificates, not the foreign spouse. But you will need all the birth certificates for the DS-260 stage.
  2. Hi! Could you please add me? My CR1 application was DQ yesterday (Jan 6). Thanks
  3. Sorry I guess I worded my post poorly! I wasn’t trying to ask a question, I was trying to offer a suggestion - that the original poster should find out if they can get it faster in person. I know that at least some counties in California will allow you to get your marriage certificate the same day you get married. (You can get the license, get married at the county clerks office, then get the certificate all on the same day.) So I meant to suggest that they either check if things can be done faster in person, or check if another nearby county offers better wait times and go there instead.
  4. Do you know if you can get the marriage certificate any sooner if you pick up in person? I noticed some of the counties have a long mailing time, but will allow you to pick it up sooner. Also, have you considered going to a different county for your marriage license? You can go to any county in California to get the license - it doesn’t have to be the one you get married in. Different counties have different processing times. Some will let you get the certified copy of the marriage license the same day they receive it, if you go I’m person. Some just have a 10 day wait.
  • Create New...