Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, lizarb said:

I am asking myself the same question :(

1 hour ago, dee&vee said:

About time we moved this discussion public.

Is Montreal scheduling other immigrant visa interviews? Hoping the executive order for Immigration isn't extended and  my parents  get their IR-5 visa appointment.

Better post an inquiry thread in the general forum as we represent the collective IR1/CR1 experience here...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

I Wanted to follow up on my earlier question. Now I am laying in bed, overthinking everything and need some clarification. If we have a new passport (last one stolen)... I had emailed the consulate well in advance to update my passport. They confirmed it was updated but on my DS-260 form it still showing my old passport number. I also went in to the site where we register our appointments and where we want our passport delivered to. I updated my passport number there but also saw a warning saying it must match DS-260. Any advice? If the consulate says it was updated but still not showing on my DS260.. What should I do? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Akaur said:

@DGF new week starting soon let’s pray for some good news. 

I'm REALLY praying for some good news for you guys as well! 🙏😀 

2 hours ago, SeriaRisa11 said:

I Wanted to follow up on my earlier question. Now I am laying in bed, overthinking everything and need some clarification. If we have a new passport (last one stolen)... I had emailed the consulate well in advance to update my passport. They confirmed it was updated but on my DS-260 form it still showing my old passport number. I also went in to the site where we register our appointments and where we want our passport delivered to. I updated my passport number there but also saw a warning saying it must match DS-260. Any advice? If the consulate says it was updated but still not showing on my DS260.. What should I do? 

Not an issue, bring all your info about hour old passport and your new ones. Consulate will update.

47 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Oh dear. :(

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, NikLR said:

Not an issue, bring all your info about hour old passport and your new ones. Consulate will update.

Sorry I’m reposting my last question, but are we supposed to let them know in advance of a change in address in Canada?

1 hour ago, SeriaRisa11 said:

THANK YOU! I couldn't sleep last night, my brain started functioning full speed and I started getting nervous. 

I understand.  

2 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

Sorry I’m reposting my last question, but are we supposed to let them know in advance of a change in address in Canada?

No. You can let them know at interview. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, NikLR said:

I understand.  

No. You can let them know at interview. 

Thank you! I’m starting the single digit countdown today so I’m starting to overthink too :) 

About Montreal becoming an orange zone, they keep specifically talking about places of leisure (bars, restaurants) and private gatherings, so I’m staying hopeful they’re not just going to shut everything down! Which would make sense in my opinion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Best wishes to Monday's interviewees: @SAsal, @Irregularblob, @Couchpotato560, @SeriaRisa11 & children, @Zelna, & @Jacqueline H!

Let us know how it goes.

Thinking of all the interviewees today and looking forward to hearing updates. Good luck!  We are counting down - medical in Montreal in one week! Interview the next Monday. Looking forward to this part of the process being done. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.