Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

That's right. Slacker here hasn't been adding calendar events. 

We'll see about correcting that soon...

Haha I've never even looked at it before today. Pretty easy to figure it out just from the spreadsheet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
8 hours ago, mrsminer said:

I’m in a similar situation.

Dec 16: Interview in Montreal, took passport, and denied visa due to pending medical results
Dec 16- 20:  Confirmed multiple times with the medical office that my medical results had been sent electronically. They said I was not the only one with this issue and suspected an issue on the US Consulate side (new system for receiving due to covid)
Dec 23: US consulate confirmed via email they had received my results
Jan 5: CEAC online status updated to "ready to schedule an interview"
Jan 7:  Have been sending e-mails to the consulate for status update  and on Jan 7 they replied again saying they have the medical results and my case is under review: 
Jan 11: Looks like the date updated on CEAC was revised to Jan 11, and status still says "ready to schedule an interview" 

I am so frustrated! Has anyone received their passport back? Any idea on timeline ? Is there a way to just get your passport back? 

thank you all!! 

I suggest you communicate with the embassy and clear up the discrepancy. If you have the email with the information email it to the embassy and request that it be updated and please do the next step. It is a matter of following the steps on both sides correctly. So communicate until follow through. That is what we did. Every time it got stuck we followed through to move it again. Hope that helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Opinions please: 

immigrant fee paid 14 Oct

POE 21 Oct

Do we submit the GC case inquiry now (90 days after fee) or next week (90 post-entry)?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

Opinions please: 

POE 21 Oct

Do we submit the GC case inquiry now (90 days after fee) or next week (90 post-entry)?

I would wait next week, just to be sure. Have you tracked you GC ? Does it still say payment received or it has been sent?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Opinions please: 

POE 21 Oct

After entry since they don't "start" production until both the fee has been paid and POE has occurred. 

We're rapidly approaching our 90 days so I'm curious to see how the process goes for you since I think we'll be going through the same (our 90 days in up on the 9th). Just checked USICS and card is being produced as of today.

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~New thread up please follow the link below to continue your discussion.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.