Notice of the Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Personal Information
VisaJourney offers our users certain choices about how we use their information. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) gives California residents the right to opt- out of the “sale” of their personal information. With the exception of interest-based advertising (see below) VisaJourney does not sell your personal information. However, we do offer the ability for you to opt out of any future sale of your information by following this link: https://www.visajourney.com/tools/opt-out.php. Should you also wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, please follow the steps outlined below.
Interest-based Advertising Opt-Outs
VisaJourney features interest-based advertising. Advertising, including interested-based advertising, enables VisaJourney to provide you certain content for free and offers that are more relevant to you.
The CCPA broadly defines “sale” of personal information in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you. This profile enables interest-based advertising on VisaJourney services and other online services.
Advertising Opt-Out Tools
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) provides you with a choice as to whether participating third parties can use your information to provide interest-based advertising. To opt out of sharing your information with such participating third parties for interest-based advertising, please use the following tools:
- For websites: the DAA WebChoices Tool, available at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN; and
- For websites: the NAI Consumer Opt Out Page, available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
- For mobile applications and connected devices, such as smart TVs or streaming devices, you should review the device’s settings and select the option that allows you to disable automatic content recognition or ad tracking. Typically, to opt out, such devices require you to select options like “limit ad tracking” or to disable options such as “interest-based advertising,” “interactive TV,” or “smart interactivity”. These settings vary by device type.
When enabling advertising opt-out tools please understand the following:
- The opt-outs described above are device and browser based. Because the information being shared relates to your device ID and/or browser ID, you will need to opt out on each device and each browser.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. If you clear cookies or if you browser blocks cookies, your opt-out cookie may no longer be available. In this case your opt-out choices can not to be honored.
We do not maintain or control these opt-out mechanisms and are not responsible for their operation. VisaJourney may still use your data to deliver contextual advertising, conduct cross-device tracking to serve you first-party ads directly, or for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as attribution and analytics.