I'm new here and was just wondering if it's possible to request a duplicate I-797 form as we never received one years ago and are confused about what our approval date is. Here's a bit of a timeline:
- Priority Date is May 16th, 2005
- Received a letter from US Department of State NVC which is dated September 22, 2009
- This letter says "The enclosed information pertains to your interest in immigrating to the United States of America. The information concerning your registration is noted at the end of the letter. Unfortunately, visa numbers are not presently available for your use. You will be notified when further consideration can be given to processing your application for immigration. The reason for this delay is that there are more applicants for visas than there are immigrant visa numbers available under the limitation prescribed by law..."
- This form says nothing about "approval" and we did not receive the I-797 form before or any time after receiving that letter
- To date, we never received any other type of letter or information following that and we kind of just forgot about this whole process (my dad had wanted to move there before retirement but has since retired)
- Last month, I decided to go online and check our case status which said it was at NVC for processing and we could pay the fees and gather all the documents
- I'm a derivative and am 28 now but my name still showed up to pay the fees and to complete DS-260
- Since I don't know our approval date, I'm not sure I can properly calculate my CSPA age
- We've now submitted all documents and are awaiting an interview date
Does anyone know if I can request a duplicate I-797 form or if I'm missing the approval date somewhere here?
Thanks so much and appreciate any responses.