America's Largest Immigration Community!
Free US immigration self-help guides, example forms, community discussion, case tracking & estimated approval dates!Community Discussion Country Specific Help Immigration Guides Immigration Timelines Approval Estimates Professional HelpAS SEEN:
Trending Immigration Discussions
Topic Popularity Poster #1 Presidential Proclamation 9993 and ESTA
Tourist Visa Discussion
Bearslayer #2 K-1 Lawsuit has been filed in federal court today
supportdesk #3 CR1 - Expedite . Can we do directly (NOT using our lawyer?) Also - valid reasons?
IR1/CR1 Visa Discussion
RadChan #4 Married & Retired Joint Sponsors... which is primary? - threeoten #5 K1 visa and I130 file the same time
K1 Visa Discussion
Captain Ewok posted a topic in IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports,Despite Covid and a rash of US consulate closures, 34 VJ'ers had their IR-1 Visas Approved in July so Far! Congrats!
I have severe flying phobia and even with medical evidence and the financial support, USCIS denied my I-129F application. The beneficiary's family are long time friends and lives in Sri Lanka. I will now file a CR1 but I cannot fly, especially since going to Sri Lanka from USA requires minimum 16+ hours and 3 flight changes. Only a person with flying phobia can understand. Help?She is flying from Tunis to Paris and then to the US. They stopped her at the airport and said k-1 visas were not allowed. How is this possible? I'm speechless right now.By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president. That will have significant repercussions for the nation’s economic growth, according to a new analysis. The cuts to legal immigration have come in several categories, and it appears the Trump administration is not finished restricting immigration.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/07/21/trump-cuts-legal-immigrants-by-half-and-hes-not-done-yet/amp/Recent Immigration Discussions
AOS got sent back, saying incorrect fee? 4:06 pm today
Read 2 Times
My wife entered America on a K-1 Fiance Visa.
We mailed in our AOS on August 31, 2020. It arrived there on September 2nd. Today, we got our AOS back saying the fee we wrote on the check is incorrect. Our check was for $1,635.
$1,140 for I-485
$410 for I-765
$85 for biometrics
We didn't send in I-131 as we won't be needing that.
What did we get wrong?
EOIR 29 4:02 pm today
Read 5 Times
Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me here. I filed FORM EOIR 29 because they denied my i130 form. Does anyone has the same issue? How long for them to approve it. Thank you
September 2020 I-130 Filers Club 3:34 pm today
Read 26 Times
Here we go!!! We just filed an I-130 for our CR1 on September 15th 2020...already feeling nervous, excited and impatient ? So curious to find out which USCIS centre our case will go to and when we will receive our NOA1..
Canada US border restrictions extended 3:18 pm today
Read 13 Times
The months-long closure of the U.S.-Canada border to non-essential crossings has been extended again. The border crossing restrictions will last at least until late September, probably longer, due to the pandemic. The outlook is leading people who used to cross regularly to make major life changes.
Some U.S. politicians and businesses want the border closure eased. But a lot of Canadians look at the uncontrolled spread of Covid-19 south of the border with alarm.
Len Saunders is an immigration attorney who works in Blaine, Washington, just a few blocks from the Canadian border. When the U.S and Canada tightened the screws on discretionary border crossings back in March, Saunders expected his business to take a hit. Instead, he's busier.
I-944 3:07 pm today
Read 31 Times
I am filling out an I-944 (came to the US as a tourist, ended up getting married and am not filing for adjustment of status-permanent residency). I have some questions about the form.
1. Do I need to provide a H.S. transcript, if I already have a University and Teacher's College Transcript to submit?
2. Do I need to include an evaluation of equivalency? All my education was in Canada, but the lawyer we saw during a consultation did not mention anything about showing equivalency, just mentioned submitting transcripts or proof of degree.
3. What can be listed as occupational skills? Would this be my teaching license or the additional courses I have done since becoming a teacher (special education part 1 and 2)?
4. For number 5 (english and other language skills): can I just mention that I went to an English Speaking University in Canada? English is my first language so I don't know what evidence to use to show that in those boxes.
5. How do I provide evidence of assets that include bank accounts for myself? Since I am Canadian I won't have a US credit score or tax transcript to submit. My husband (American citizen)- can we submit tax transcripts as evidence of his assets?
6. If we have debt that has recently been paid off, we do not have to include that information on liabilities /debts (#10) correct?
7. I am unsure about the second 'no' statement in #16 (part 3): "No, I am not certified to receive in the future any of the above public benefits?"
I have never had to go on and have never used public benefits (neither has my husband), so I answered 'no' to the first statement (no, i have not received any public benefits), but I am unsure about what this second statement is asking.