brendaaa

Marriage fraud allegations from ex-husband

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

So my relationship with my husband didn't work and we got a divorce, I received my GC about a year and a a half ago,  it's been a few months since the divorce was finalized and now he has a new girlfriend that lives in Colombia, they met online.

He want's to marry her and bring her here, the girl is obviously trying to use him to get a green card but he can't see it, she has no internet or running water in her house, she lives in some poor rural area, has no job, and basically no life there.

He is saying he will be telling that he met her while we were still married and that I used him to get a GC, this is obviously not true, but he want's to throw me under the bus to get what he wants.

Can this hurt me? I have a 10 year GC.

What happens if they suspect that their marriage is fake, will this come haunting me?

43 minutes ago, brendaaa said:

So my relationship with my husband didn't work and we got a divorce, I received my GC about a year and a a half ago,  it's been a few months since the divorce was finalized and now he has a new girlfriend that lives in Colombia, they met online.

He want's to marry her and bring her here, the girl is obviously trying to use him to get a green card but he can't see it, she has no internet or running water in her house, she lives in some poor rural area, has no job, and basically no life there.

He is saying he will be telling that he met her while we were still married and that I used him to get a GC, this is obviously not true, but he want's to throw me under the bus to get what he wants.

What happens if they suspect that their marriage is fake, will this come haunting me?

He has absolutely no legal power in regards to your GC and legal status in the US. Move on and tell him to contact you only through your lawyer if he insists on trying to manipulate and intimidate you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Op, don't worry yourself over him or his new girl. You are now divorced, enjoy your life, go stay happy. His relationship with the new girl doesn't affect your greencard so nothing will haunt you. And on top of that he is still bound by the I-864 affidavit of support sponsorship to you.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, brendaaa said:

The validity of your former marriage is established at your approval step and his issue is going to be sponsorship of multiple immigrants as he still has to declare you as sponsored as well as his new friend.

You have no issues.

Their conversation after her interview (unless he briefs her up front) should be pretty amusing - “household” size always comes up.  

Edited by Nitas_man

It's time to cut communication with your ex-husband and move on with your life. He is making empty threats just to hurt you. The less you know about his new relationship, the better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, brendaaa said:

How do you know the girl is using him. Didn't you got the green card? Why you are bringing your husband personal life here. Your green card is safe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Puneetashley said:

How do you know the girl is using him. Didn't you got the green card? Why you are bringing your husband personal life here. Your green card is safe.

Not sure you read her question well? She did get the green card, which you asked and she already answered. I would assume the reason she discussed her ex's personal life is because its an important factor to the case. How does she know the new girlfriend is using him, not really something we need to be concerned with, she has posted a question asking for assistance, I would assume she did not include her whole life experiences with him, perhaps she knows something we do not.  Simple answer would be as you said her green card is safe. 

Edited by sweetk328

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

It's always a good idea to look at all angles while responding when someone asks a question while alleging others of fraud. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
19 hours ago, brendaaa said:

Lol relax. He has no proof and USCIS knows about angry ex spouses and what they can do. Enjoy your life

20 hours ago, brendaaa said:

Anyone who has reason to suspect green card fraud may report it via the link on USCIS.gov.   

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, sweetk328 said:

Not sure you read her question well? She did get the green card, which you asked and she already answered. I would assume the reason she discussed her ex's personal life is because its an important factor to the case. How does she know the new girlfriend is using him, not really something we need to be concerned with, she has posted a question asking for assistance, I would assume she did not include her whole life experiences with him, perhaps she knows something we do not.  Simple answer would be as you said her green card is safe. 

Ohhh do you have any idea what she talking about here??? Read her post carefully before judging my post. She saying women who doesn't have water in her country and poor living condition must obviously using her ex husband for green card. I am asking again how does she know she's using him. So did she used her ex-husband for green card too. They got divorce pretty fast.  Because apparently  we are judging people here on there country and poor living conditions. Let her husband do whatever with new girlfriend it has no affect on op.

Edited by Puneetashley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.