My husband Vincent and I got married in 2016 in Accra after a denied K1. I've done A LOT of traveling back and forth to Ghana over the past couple of years, and we're now trying to get pregnant, so it's past time that we begin our "VisaJourney" again--this time with a spousal visa petition.
The K1 was denied because they believed our relationship wasn't bona fide. In my last petition, I sent in the bare minimum of what was needed, and then worked really hard on making sure Vincent was ready for the interview with the photos, chats, etc. That obviously didn't work for whatever reason, so this time I'm wanting to front-load and see if that helps any.
I have a flimsy 3-ring notebook that is organized into 5 sections:
1. Essentials--cover letter, money order, G-1145, and I-130
2. Petitioner/Beneficiary Documents--copy of my passport, two passport photos of me, I-130A, passport photos for Vincent, marriage certificate
3. Whatsapp Chats--I plan on picking 3 conversations from each month, for as far as I can go back
4. Photos--I have about 200 photos of before we were married, our marriage ceremony, and us traveling around Ghana with both mine and his family
5. Witness Statements--Notarized statements from my sister and 4 friends here in the US that have either met Vincent in person, or have at least talked to him on the phone
Does this look okay? Anything else you think I should add, like financial documents? We don't own any property together and our finances aren't really mingled like they would be if we actually lived together. Should I add in my personal income stuff to the front-load? I make the 125% above the poverty level required and I read on VJ that NVC will send a letter to me requesting this info, but not sure if I should go ahead and add it in since, well, it's Ghana...
Thanks for all the posts and everyone's help! This forum was great in the past and can't wait to be involved again!