brendaaa

Marriage fraud allegations from ex-husband

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

People are being very judgmental towards the OP. You don't have all the information she does.

Her concern is that her ex's plan to lie to immigration will affect her status. It has been explained to her that it will not. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

48 minutes ago, Puneetashley said:

Ohhh do you have any idea what she talking about here??? Read her post carefully before judging my post. She saying women who doesn't have water in her country and poor living condition must obviously using her ex husband for green card. I am asking again how does she know she's using him. So did she used her ex-husband for green card too. They got divorce pretty fast.  Because apparently  we are judging people here on there country and poor living conditions. Let her husband do whatever with new girlfriend it has no affect on op.

Puneetashley, I will not entertain the ideal of going back and forth with you, as it is not worth it, nor do I have the time. However to the user that posted the question, as the others have mentioned, after you received your green card what your ex does with his personal life would not affect you, yet it does affect him and any further sponsorships or applications he may try to achieve. I'm sorry things did not work, but I like to believe everything happens for a reason. Let go and let God is my theory :) Best of luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, davidvs said:

People are being very judgmental towards the OP. You don't have all the information she does.

Her concern is that her ex's plan to lie to immigration will affect her status. It has been explained to her that it will not. 

My point exactly!  The odd thing is the platform is designed for people that are going through the legal immigration system which is a difficult journey own its own! I would assume the users here are also going through the same journey or they would not have joined,  so they should be aware of the stress it causes, a lot of the answers, not only on this question but the platform itself, receive ALOT of unnecessary Bs... say less and answer the question, but it seems people find it necessary to throw in their 2 cents, which frankly doesn't matter to the user, I'm sure. A question needs an answer, how hard is that ? Not their personal option on what may or may not have been disclosed. Weather they agree or disagree, like really ...get a life or better yet, stick to your own immigration troubles and stay of out others. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, davidvs said:

Absolutely agreed with the bold portion above. OP has been told by almost all that her GC won't be affected.

Regarding being judgemental toward OP, i believe that's because OP started the post being judgemental- judging someone's relationship as fake just because someone is poor and has no water and such.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, sweetk328 said:

My point exactly!  The odd thing is the platform is designed for people that are going through the legal immigration system which is a difficult journey own its own! I would assume the users here are also going through the same journey or they would not have joined,  so they should be aware of the stress it causes, a lot of the answers, not only on this question but the platform itself, receive ALOT of unnecessary Bs... say less and answer the question, but it seems people find it necessary to throw in their 2 cents, which frankly doesn't matter to the user, I'm sure. A question needs an answer, how hard is that ? Not their personal option on what may or may not have been disclosed. Weather they agree or disagree, like really ...get a life or better yet, stick to your own immigration troubles and stay of out others. 

Please read carefully what we are talking about here. Op started this post mentioning her ex-husband and his girlfriend has a fake relationship. She belongs to poor country with no water and she's using him for green card. All I said is do not judge anyone base on there country or living condition. She can ask question without bringing her ex husband girlfriend living condition. Sweetk328 stop defending someone who judge people on there living condition. And please I don't even have time for your posts. Best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
22 hours ago, arken said:

I wonder how would you know if the girl is trying to use him? You've been talking to that girl?

In any way, his marriage and petition to the new girl won't affect ur GC.

Oh come on you guys! I was in a relationship with my husband for many years before we got married and marriage and covid killed our relationship.

He knows this girl from the internet for 2 months, she is 20 years younger than him, already calls her gf and saying he is getting married so he can bring her here because she has no job and will never get a visitor visa , to me it's obvious that she is using him and that he is stupid and blind. I don't care about his relationship I just don't want his idiotic decisions hurting me.  

Why I still communicate with him? that's a good question, he keeps texting me for some reason.  

The thing I am worried about is the fact that he wants to lie and say that he knows her for a long time (while we were married) so they can say this is a long relationship. 

Edited by brendaaa

4 minutes ago, brendaaa said:

Oh come on you guys! I was in a relationship with my husband for many years before we got married and marriage and covid killed our relationship.

He knows this girl from the internet for 2 months, she is 20 years younger than him, already calls her gf and saying he is getting married so he can bring her here because she has no job and will never get a visitor visa , to me it's obvious that she is using him and that he is stupid and blind. I don't care about his relationship I just don't want his idiotic decisions hurting me.  

Why I still communicate with him? that's a good question, he keeps texting me for some reason.  

Meh, your ex is a full grown adult who can ruin or improve his own life as he sees fit. His situation and decisions have no legal weight in your own situation with your GC and all that. But you're also an adult so it's probably time to block and delete his number for good. You allowing an open channel of communication with him is aggravating the issue here. If he insists on continuing to harass you through other ways, then report him to the police and get a lawyer and/or restraining order if necessary.

Edited by mushroomspore

Timeline
7 minutes ago, brendaaa said:

He knows this girl from the internet for 2 months, she is 20 years younger than him, already calls her gf and saying he is getting married so he can bring her here because she has no job and will never get a visitor visa , to me it's obvious that she is using him and that he is stupid and blind.

See, you are being purely judgemental. It could also be him using his USC status to lure a girl 20yrs younger than him for marriage, or it could be a genuine relationship, but you have to go after that girl.

And people over here are saying we are being very judgemental toward you.

Spouse:

Myself:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 minute ago, arken said:

See, you are being purely judgemental. It could also be him using his USC status to lure a girl 20yrs younger than him for marriage, or it could be a genuine relationship, but you have to go after that girl.

Actually yeah you are right, he is using his USC status and she is using him, to me it's obvious because I know him, moved form asian dating sites to Colombian, part of why our marriage failed was because he was texting Asian girls on an Asian dating site at night. So forgive me for not believing this is real. Do you think it looks real? will the USCIS? maybe the bar should be higher then.

17 minutes ago, arken said:

But you kinda are??? OP is the ONLY person in this entire thread who ACTUALLY knows her ex. The rest of us have never met the ex, never talked to the ex, never had a long relationship with him. While I agree that OP's tone can easily be interpreted as judgmental and her comments about the new girlfriend's living situation were not completely necessary, I do not believe her thoughts are coming out of a complete vacuum void or that she is completely wrong in her interpretation of her ex's relationship. She knows her ex. We don't. So technically, we are being the judgmental ones here. Even if OP does not know "much" about the new relationship, she certainly knows more than we do on the pure basis of having known her ex personally in real life. Whatever amount of knowledge she has about the relationship, we (the rest of us commenting in this thread) know ZILCH.

And the ex was clearly trying to manipulate and intimidate OP. If he was truly just a good guy who's moving on with someone who does make him happy, he wouldn't be trying to scare OP by threatening her entire legal status. He wouldn't have bothered her all, but he did.

Edited by mushroomspore

4 minutes ago, brendaaa said:

Actually yeah you are right, he is using his USC status and she is using him, to me it's obvious because I know him, moved form asian dating sites to Colombian, part of why our marriage failed was because he was texting Asian girls on an Asian dating site at night. So forgive me for not believing this is real. Do you think it looks real? will the USCIS? maybe the bar should be higher then.

Tbh, why are you even asking if it's real or looks real to USCIS? That situation doesn't concern you or your legal status. Just move on already.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

But you kinda are??? OP is the ONLY person in this entire thread who ACTUALLY knows her ex. The rest of us have never met the ex, never talked to the ex, never had a long relationship with him. While I agree that OP's tone can easily be interpreted as judgmental and her comments about the new girlfriend's living situation were not completely necessary, I do not believe her thoughts are coming out of a complete vacuum void or that she is completely wrong in her interpretation of her ex's relationship. She knows her ex. We don't. So technically, we are being the judgmental ones here. Even if OP does not know "much" about the new relationship, she certainly knows more than we do on the pure basis of having known her ex personally in real life. Whatever amount of knowledge she has about the relationship, we (the rest of us commenting in this thread) know ZILCH.

I didn't say i am not being judgemental, i said i am judging OP because she herself started the post being judgemental.

Spouse:

Myself:

Timeline
10 minutes ago, brendaaa said:

My only and last response on this thread will be:

Integrity of any of his relation will be of no concern to me or should be of no concern to you as well.

Your only concern should be if any of his relations or petitions affect your GC and we've told you, no, it won't affect your GC.

Spouse:

Myself:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as the op's question has been answered, this thread has been locked.

in the future, when answering questions, some would find it in their best interests to fully understand the situation before replying as it is apparent some

completely misunderstood/ignored the background of the op before they went on to attack the op.

do not restart this thread

do not transport drama from this thread to any other threads.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Marriage fraud allegations from ex-husband

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.