Shelldb

Detained at Customs

170 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Why this fixation on baggage? OP says she got three calls from CBP and is convinced it was CBP. Can we move on to more substantive advice instead of all this speculation and conjecture?

Yeah with each new post the intrigue builds and builds!😀

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Why this fixation on baggage

Personally I think it’s a baggage boo boo , I certainly have had my luggage take trips without me , arrive before or after me on international flights….but some posters are convinced there is a plot twist and a mysterious  other companion on the flight….that had the courage to collect someone else’s luggage AND the gumption to go check it in independent of the ticket holder/ boarding pass..hmmm. 

OP, hold on to the saying “ Everything happens for a reason “ . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
20 hours ago, Shelldb said:

My fiancé traveled on the 18th of May and currently he is being detained at the Chicago Border Protection. His visa has been canceled and they can’t fly him home because London will refuse him. I was advised to contact my Congressman, but I can’t get a hold of anyone after business hours. He is being held like a criminal and we don’t know what to do. He is still in the United States. I just want him here with me. Any suggestions would be helpful

I travelled through Heathrow I never needed a transit visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Cathi said:

I'm not convinced it was actually CBP that called.

Me neither. Anyone could call and say they are CBP, especially if the fiance traveled with someone else. No advice to OP comes to mind because of the countless inconsistencies of this case. An annotation of "Fake Marriage" on a K1 case? Baggage that gets to its destination without the traveler rechecking it? Former allegations of fraud? These are not immaterial details and I am having a hard time believing CBP would pull him aside to check his phone to start with. 

Having said that, and having nothing useful to contribute to this thread, I am signing off.

32 minutes ago, Cathi said:

I'm not convinced it was actually CBP that called.

Hmm…a sophisticated caller impersonated CBP, not once, not twice but thrice!! …then re routed / intercepted OP’ s outgoing call to the airline to dupe her into believing he will be on a flight back to Nigeria….

In reality, OP is having a really rough time and blaming herself needlessly. She did nothing wrong to voice her misgivings…and even have a fight with her fellow. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bearing in mind the earlier posts I assumed the OP had made her concerns felt to the relevant authorities.

That would have triggered the events.

Or there is something else really weird going on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Bearing in mind the earlier posts I assumed the OP had made her concerns felt to the relevant authorities.

Could you kindly merge the threads, and yes she was struggling with the decision to BLOCK his imminent arrival or give the fellow a chance on a trial Fiance basis without a rush to marriage. Her post got a whole lot of attention and engagement..

I was “ on the edge of my seat” asking her to tell us what her final decision was…and the next thing I know I was staring at the dirty carpet….for anyone following the Fairfax trial 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.