Shelldb

Detained at Customs

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

@belinda63's partner was detained at Chicago over night.

I'm wondering how many times CBP contacted her while her partner was in secondary... 

None. He was allowed to call me after he was released to let me know of his new flight. I was already at the airport and the flight he was supposed to be on had landed before he was able to call me. But for someone who is denied entry the process may be a bit different since the person is in custody the entire time and wouldn't have the opportunity to call

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Timona said:

1. I've read everything, even the post by OP showing CBP phone number that called her.

2. I've also read and understood the baggage transfer. 

Now, having a knowledge or two about how scams happen, I won't be surprised that though that number is CBP, it actually wasn't CBP. Yes, there are ways to do that. My own number has called me a few times. So, it wouldn't be hard for someone to use CBP contact of POE to call you. Is this what is called spooking? I don't know.

Anyway, you do know these numbers are public and can easily be found online. Best way to find out is call CBP yourself or go to them at the airport. 

My bet is that he's already in US at someone else's house.

You should have booked his ticket yourself and not use a travel agent. The travel agent might be on this too. Had you booked it yourself, you would have had better information if he indeed did board or not.

How old are you two? @Shelldb

yes,  my house phone called my cell phone and i was not doing it 

and i use to get calls from scammers that were in other countries and it would come up as a US number

How?  

1.  transferred from nearest cell tower here and picks up any number

2.  caller is close to that number and able to use invade it for their use 

3.  scammers (For information only)  get a sims card from a friend in UK,  france, USA ,  Canada, etc and use it in their phone in their country 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shelldb said:

I did call CBP a couple of times, it was definitely them. I booked the reservation myself through British Airways and Yes, when he didn’t show up I went to American Airlines ticketing agent and they advised he was not on the flight. I contacted AA again and got his new flight information. I wasn’t born yday. 

but he can turn in a ticket and rebook for a different flight /  he could be anywhere in the US

15 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Thank you.  This rules out the possibility of fraud.  

Please let us know how this works out.  I believe you mentioned that you will seek a lawyer on Monday.  Do a free consultation and ask if they had any experience in similar cases.  Some lawyers can lead you to believe they can help, only to find out later they never had experience with K1 visa revokes by CBP.

My intuition is that they saw the text about "Fake Marriage" in your chat and marked that as a reason, not because of suspected marriage fraud (or this could be a secondary reason), but because of being married when the K1 requires the beneficiary to be single to enter.  

I agree with you, the phone itself had red flags galore itself!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is possible to spoof a phone number. A friend of mine had his hotel reservation cancelled by someone who called the hotel and impersonated him, and his wife's cell phone appeared in the caller ID. I googled a website and made a spoofed call to myself. I used a different website but here is one I just found.

https://myphonerobot.com/

Number to call: OP cell phone goes here.

Display number: CBP Chicago number goes here (this is displayed on the OP cell phone)

Your phone number: this is the phone number of the friend of the Nigerian who is pretending to be CBP.

The friend will get a phone call from this website server on their phone. Then the OP is called and the friend talks to them as CBP.

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

10 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

OP 

I must  apologize for not having more sympathy for your situation

we all know u have put valuable time and energy and your heart into this

we all know as we all have done it too

and i married from a high fraud country too so i took a lot of criticism 

but we know u fell in love

we know (from your posts) that your heart and head were in conflict

its hard to not know if your doubts are real or if others have influenced your thinking 

but please please be cautious 

and don't ever think we post on the negative for any reason other to make u aware and hopefully get u thru this heartbreak 

i was  talking reality here without thinking of your heart and what u have put into a relationship

i just think u dodge a bigger problem he would have given u if he was with u and u married

so very sorry for what u go thru now

Thanks for taking the time to say this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.