Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


SusieQQQ last won the day on October 5 2018

SusieQQQ had the most liked content!

About SusieQQQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • City
    SF Bay Area
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (pending)
  • Local Office
    San Francisco CA

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

12,930 profile views
  1. SusieQQQ

    I was wondering!

    If entering a third country with an American passport, and something happens that needs consular assistance etc, then it is “of concern” I guess. I know this not really the subject under discussion, but it is something that I have come across where dual citizens sometimes have an incentive to decide which passport to use to enter a third country. An issue could also arise I believe if the US and your country of other nationality are officially at war? Isn’t this the main motivator (or one of them) behind the oath of allegiance?
  2. The corollary of that is not: surely these forums are full of knowledgeable people happy to sit around wasting their time on random hypothetical scenarios, when they could be helping people with actual petitions about to be filed or having problems with those underway, because they have nothing else to do with their time? making a note of your username so as not to waste time in future. I guess that makes me “uptight” 😂😂
  3. SusieQQQ

    This May be a Bit Complicated

    If he gets a B visa, have him come here and meet your family. Don’t get married till you go back to Ghana. The rest is confusing because you talk variously about living there and getting him citizenship, mutually exclusive factors. I come from a country where polygamous tribal marriages are legal, it’s not Ghana, but I’m sure there are parallels. Just be sure you know where in the hierarchy you’ll be. And why. Why does this Ghanaian chief want to import a US bride? — and yes, perceptions about Ghana matter, maybe not here but certainly at the consulate. 56% of Ghanaian applicants for B visas are refused. It also has one of the highest refusal rates for DV visas (which are more often than not a slam dunk for those being selected). There are forums where Ghanaians talk openly about falsifying documents, lying at interview etc. different culture about a lot of things,not just marriage, but a lot of that falls foul of US immigration law.
  4. Except it appears (?) the brother isn’t a citizen yet so can’t sponsor the father in the first place yet either
  5. Actually, it seems OP currently has no “actual situation”. Reading through all the hypothetical nonsense to get to the truth seems to reveal no family member that currently is able to sponsor him.
  6. Clearly you’re asking for yourself, so, “my brother is a citizen, how long to sponsor me” would have been sufficient and not misleading. Your dad can petition for you if he gets a green card, as long as you are and remain unmarried. That is currently around a 7 year wait (plus the wait till your dad gets a green card of course) which is probably your fastest route under current circumstances. There is no “expediting” as an option under family immigration. No-one gets to jump the queue.
  7. You’ll find people's willingness to be helpful here falls dramatically when posters are perceived to be untruthful and/or leaving out chunks of the story, hence wasting people’s time. Some clarity on the exact situation would be helpful all round.
  8. Can you clarify? Do you have a sibling who is a citizen?
  9. No. Priority is based on category being sponsored under. A green card holder can’t sponsor a sibling so it’s irrelevant anyway.
  10. The category for siblings is F4. The monthly visa bulletin, first table, tells you what priority date (date the application was received by uscis) is being processed. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-february-2019.html you’ll see for F4, this is currently 22 June 2005. So cases from 13.5 years ago are currently being processed. Bear in mind the category is numerically limited per year and more and more people get added to the waitlist every year, so it tends to get slower over time, hence it’s reasonable to estimate 15 years (some would think more) from now. There’s a later visa bulletin out, linked above
  11. SusieQQQ

    b2 cancelled without just cause. any options?

    It’s not just the time spent. For example, contrast: 1) 5 months in the USA, traveling around all over, seeing many things in the country, the country is huge, you can easily spend 5 months traveling it 2) 70 days, staying at one person the whole time, enquiring about “cleaning a few houses” to make a little bit of cash and meet the family while there ...with both on a B visa and read again what a B visa is for
  12. SusieQQQ

    b2 visitor has dissapeared, any help/advice

    People dig because you can’t give a reasonable answer with 1/4 of a story. The other threads filled in some blanks. Now we know this person is the next in a line of potential fiancés and was denied entry due to immigrant intent, while at the same time it being implied she intended to work illegally. That’s all a bit different from the bare bones presented here, no? - with different implications as to the outcome.
  13. SusieQQQ

    b2 cancelled without just cause. any options?

    Intent matters, not just following the technical terms of the visa. By law any visa applicant and applicant for entry is presumed to have immigrant intent and needs to convince otherwise to get the visa/be admitted. She clearly was unable to overcome that presumption. You may not like it, but it’s the law and the CBP officer was well within rights to act the way s/he did. From INA §214(b): Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (H)(i) or (L ) of Section 101(a)(15)) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15).
  14. SusieQQQ

    b2 cancelled without just cause. any options?

    No, it wouldn’t. If you haven’t met in person yet however you need to do that for k1. Should never sign something that hasn’t been read.
  15. SusieQQQ

    b2 cancelled without just cause. any options?

    Ok, I didn’t see the correct year, sorry fact remains CBP is entitled to do what they did on suspicion of her motives. She wasn’t the first and won’t be the last to get cancelled for trying spend too much time here without being able to convince CBP it’s genuine tourism. They don’t need “just cause”. She can try get a new B visa at the consulate but realistically my last conclusion stands - you’re visiting Colombia or she needs a different visa.