Welome Guest!

Registered members can access many other great features such as finding other local VJ members from their country!


US Immigration from Myanmar

Showing Myanmar Topics from Forum:

Pages: 1 2 3 Last  (Viewing page 1 of 7 ) - topics in the last 5 years
Canada no longer requires US LPRs to have eTA and clarifies acceptable forms of I-551
3:08 pm May 1, 2022

Mike E

Read 396 Times
11 Replies

Well this is huge news:


Lawful permanent residents of the United States don t need an eTA

As of April 26, 2022, lawful permanent residents of the United States are exempt from the eTA requirement.

In addition, Canada has clarified what documents besides an unexpired green card US LPR can use to enter Canada:


As of April 26, 2022, lawful permanent residents of the United States must show these documents for all methods of travel to Canada:

Complete list of acceptable status documents for lawful permanent residents of the U.S.

You need an official proof of status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., such as one of the following:

  • valid permanent resident card (Form I-551)
  • foreign passport with an unexpired temporary I-551 stamp (also known as an Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunication [ADIT] stamp)
  • foreign passport with a temporary I-551 printed notation ( Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year ) on a machine-readable immigrant visa upon endorsement with a U.S. Customs and Border Protection admission stamp
  • expired permanent resident card (Form I-551) with Form I-797 (Notice of Action) for pending Form I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence) or Form I-829 (Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status)
  • expired permanent resident card (Form I-551) with Form I-797 (Notice of Action) for pending Form I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card [Green Card])
  • valid re-entry permit (Form I-327)
  • Form I-94 with an unexpired temporary I-551 stamp (ADIT stamp) and a passport-style photo

It is unfortunate that an expired 10 year green card is not (explicitly) acceptable as this would be a boon to LPRs who find themselves with expired 10 year green cards outside the USA, but we should watch for more developments.

What makes this truly huge is that a green card is now more powerful than a passport from country that is in Canada s visa waiver program. IOW green card holders have joined the club of US Citizens: visa exempt.

Looking forward to reports of LPRs who fly Canada with expired green cards and/or without eTA.

View Topic

Bangkok Embassy US Tourist Visas
1:28 am April 30, 2022



Read 232 Times
9 Replies

Does anyone know what the situation is for non immigrant visas at the Embassy in Bangkok? Are they processing and interviewing for these, is there a long wait, etc?

We're trying to see if my in-laws can apply and interview for a tourist visa in Thailand since the embassy local to them (Myanmar) is closed to all non-immigrant appointments due to political issues in the country.

My in-laws have a local agent that they've used in the past when filing for a visa, and the agent is stating both that an appointment would take months to get (certainly believable in the current situation) and that the embassy is denying all applications right now. Just wondering if anyone has any other insight. I'm getting the impression their agent is just discouraging them from pursuing a visa and leaving them in limbo.

I'm wondering if we could just handle the application process for them. We'd like them to visit as soon as possible as we had a baby last year that they've yet to meet so I'd rather to get more hands on if there's a chance they can visit any time soon.

View Topic

Last Lost the Day Badge
4:20 am April 9, 2022

Mike E

Read 208 Times
10 Replies

I thrive on down votes, especially when I post solid advice backed by legit sources. I d love to lose the day with most down votes as it beats indifference. Of course I can imagine most would prefer to being able to opt in to this feature.

View Topic

With Paperwork Locked Underground, Thousands of U.S. Citizenship Applicants Wait and Wait (merged)
2:00 pm January 24, 2022

Mike E

Read 4298 Times
32 Replies


As of September 2021, more than 350,000 requests for immigration histories were pending with the National Archives and Records Administration, which oversees the Federal Records Centers in Kansas City, though not all of those requests were for pending citizenship applications.

After several inquiries from The Wall Street Journal, the National Archives and Records Administration said in a statement that it has kept staff levels at 25% at its Kansas City facility because it is an area of high transmission. But last week, the agency said, it began splitting work into two shifts to respond to more requests and allow a small number of staff from the citizenship agency to retrieve their own files. It also urged the citizenship agency to hasten its transition to electronic filing.

View Topic

DHS Secretary Mayorkas orders ICE to de prioritize apprehension and removal noncitizens who are not a threat to national security, public safety, and border security
1:22 pm October 3, 2021

Mike E

Read 1421 Times
20 Replies


guidance will become effective in sixty (60) days, on November 29, 2021.

It immediately occurs to me this would seem to take the pressure off immediate family adjustment of status petitions by citizens to file before the beneficiary s I-94 expires.

It will also allow most illegal aliens to avail themselves of domestic commercial aviation as referrals by TSA to CBP would not have any effect.

Not sure about the impact on internal border checkpoints within 100 miles of the border.

View Topic

Pages: 1 2 3 Last  (Viewing page 1 of 7 ) - topics in the last 5 years

Recent Visa Approvals

J+J Jay & Jun
K1 Visa
Alipapa W & M
K1 Visa
Will & Kristine
K1 Visa
Mike & Iris
K1 Visa
K1 Visa

Upcoming Interviews

Newest Myanmar Members

San dar
Hay mar hnin
Tracy CYR
Maqsood Ahmed
Hnin Shwe Ye Win
( view all )

Top Posting Members

1. Mike E
2. Koekoe
3. Birveonrty
4. Rachel Chen
5. Prince 1214
6. jam2016
7. Panda Sky
8. jenny92
9. MissEmily
10. myomin