Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Khevinox said:

what about those, ready to travel with already a  CR1 VISA issued?

i'm in that boat, wondering the same thing. visa already issued in passport, just haven't stepped foot in the country

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ninahi said:

Let's hope it's a big load of nothing! Good luck in your process!

Yes I’m crossing my fingers and toes that this is nothing 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, laylalex said:

How are you certain about this? He's saying it's to protect jobs. People who are already here but not yet working because they don't have an EAD would potentially take jobs away from citizens. He says CITIZENS. So what about people like my fiance, already here on a work visa? Or green card holders looking to remove conditions? Or people with an EAD? Waiting for an EAD? Waiting to AOS? They aren't citizens. 

The main thing is significant others are already on US soil, I think most of this is in his tiny head right now and hasn't been fully thought out, so even if there is a delay in EAD, AOS, Naturalization, Green cards etc for those on US soil already it's not as bad as having your loved one banned from entering here for the foreseeable future.

8 minutes ago, ChristianZane said:

K1 is an immigrant visa.  But don't panic, when I applied for a K1 in 2012, it was the start of DACA and they shelved K1 visas for EIGHT MONTHS until they eventually got around to getting to K1 again, this will pass just be patient.

Can we be patient if we already have been waiting almost 2 years on AP?

not a K1 visa but CR1 visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Eugene2019 said:

We have been in AP post interview in Beirut for 18 months.  

We have been in AP for nine months waiting for my fiancé to just get approved and come out here now I think that’s been out the window for now. I’m so depressed over this! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

How are you certain about this? He's saying it's to protect jobs. People who are already here but not yet working because they don't have an EAD would potentially take jobs away from citizens. He says CITIZENS. So what about people like my fiance, already here on a work visa? Or green card holders looking to remove conditions? Or people with an EAD? Waiting for an EAD? Waiting to AOS? They aren't citizens. 

logically speaking, I would ASSUME he would not just send people back with greencards or valid work visas (even those who want to renew them), that really wouldnt make sense. However, I am asking myself the same question as you and am worried even though I am already here as a permanent resident. I hate how he tweeted this with no clarification at 11pm 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 minute ago, stephanie918 said:

i'm in that boat, wondering the same thing. visa already issued in passport, just haven't stepped foot in the country

From my understanding his directive will temporarily suspend all immigrants from entering the US.  But don't panic that won't last forever, and would be canceled under a new administration anyways.

Timeline
Just now, ChristianZane said:

From my understanding his directive will temporarily suspend all immigrants from entering the US.  But don't panic that won't last forever, and would be canceled under a new administration anyways.

does anyone know if he has the power to do this through executive order anyway? or will it be more like "temporarily suspending work visas only" etc 

1 minute ago, mandsophia said:

logically speaking, I would ASSUME he would not just send people back with greencards or valid work visas (even those who want to renew them), that really wouldnt make sense. However, I am asking myself the same question as you and am worried even though I am already here as a permanent resident. I hate how he tweeted this with no clarification at 11pm 

yeah it doesnt sound like thats what he saying and probably would be completely illegal to deport LPRs (i have no evidence to back that up, it just seems like it would be). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.