Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you marry and send in your AOS app?

Yep. I just got my NOA-1 today actually. I’m already prepared for waiting a long time for my EAD etc. and I don’t mind once I don’t have to leave!

Just now, Murphy1994 said:

Yep. I just got my NOA-1 today actually. I’m already prepared for waiting a long time for my EAD etc. and I don’t mind once I don’t have to leave!

Excellent.  You're in legal status now as you wait for your AOS interview.  Some folks are actually having the interview requirement waived apparently.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Yeah, I know. His work is (thankfully) taking the lead on this -- his visa is due to expire in six months so fingers crossed. If it looks like it's not going to be renewed by then through either regular or premium, I will absolutely figure out how to get married, wherever that may be. 

Apparently new york is allowing zoom weddings. Not sure if it applies to out of state residents

1 minute ago, SilverLake said:

If he suspends all immigration, how would USCIS sustain itself since all of it’s revenue is from the application fees?

There would be a RIF/furloughs.  Btw, there is nothing regarding any new immigration executive order on either USCIS or DOS sites yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Excellent.  You're in legal status now as you wait for your AOS interview.  Some folks are actually having the interview requirement waived apparently.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be that lucky because I haven’t got my biometrics done! But I really don’t mind once I’m not put on a flight back home 😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not what I wanted to see... my K1 case is in transit to the consulate as we speak and I was holding out for when Montreal would reopen.. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Guess we’ll see what the specifics are... 😞

1 minute ago, mandsophia said:

Just a question as I have not kept up with too much immigration news lately, is USCIS  currently processing greencard renewals/removal of conditions? 

Yes.  In-person services and interviews are suspended.  

4 minutes ago, designguy said:

Apparently new york is allowing zoom weddings. Not sure if it applies to out of state residents

No -- I already checked this. You have to be a NY resident and there is no way I am moving there at the moment!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.