Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This was NOT what I wanted to see. However, as long as we don't have to start ALL OVER again, we have no choice but to wait. I can deal with that.

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm about to have an expired conditional green card extension and an aneurysm. 🙄

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

We have an L1B renewal to do later this year through premium processing... we can't even AOS even if we wanted to because we can't get married due to all the county clerks' offices being closed. What happens then? Do I just have my fiance become an overstay because he can't renew his L1B AND we can't get married? Or do we have to travel hundreds of miles in the middle of a pandemic to get married in some state where they reopened the clerk's offices and then NOT be able to AOS anyway?? 

Really, really hoping this is an on-the-porcelain-throne brain shart.

17 minutes ago, Damonlee said:

That’s what I’m wondering about too. I just received my EAD/AP combo card but still awaiting to be scheduled for an interview at my local USCIS office which is currently closed. 

That was the case even before his tweet.  USCIS offices have been closed for weeks now.

22 minutes ago, Murphy1994 said:

I’m hoping it won’t effect us because we are already here. I’ve been here since early January so it would definitely be more dangerous if I went home then if I just stayed here?

Did you marry and send in your AOS app?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ninahi said:

I'm about to have an expired conditional green card extension and an aneurysm. 🙄

I would assume it would not affect people like us (mine expires next year but im obviously still wondering) as someone pointed out we already have immigrated. It would make no sense to send us back...I'd think lol

Just now, skjourney said:

I think it means he wants to close the border thats how i take it.

I live in Washington state, and the land crossings with Canada are already closed to all non-essential travel, including immigration apparently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, travisgarretson11 said:

k1 should not apply to this ban since k1 is "NON- IMMIGRANT".....

hopefully you only does the h1b visas...

I hope you are right. I have been told K1 is non-immigrant with immigrant intent so let’s hope it is exempt. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

I have my conditional greencard and am due to lift my conditions mid next year. Any idea if this would be effected? already im obviously here 

You have already immigrated

YMMV

Just now, designguy said:

Keep in mind that premium processing is currently suspended

Yeah, I know. His work is (thankfully) taking the lead on this -- his visa is due to expire in six months so fingers crossed. If it looks like it's not going to be renewed by then through either regular or premium, I will absolutely figure out how to get married, wherever that may be. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.