Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'coronavirus'.
Found 3 results
Hi all, CR1 visa holder in UK here. Travelling in a couple of weeks to enter the US on my visa and due to fly into Boston. A couple of questions: As the coronavirus blanket ban is still in place until November, do I need to take proof of my exemption alongside my visa (marriage cert and copy of husband's passport), or is my visa enough on its own? Also, in proving covid vaccination, is the little NHS card with the dosage stickers on its own sufficient, or do I need to take my full vaccination record and/or the signed medical vaccination record they gave me at the medical? Is it wise to take any other documents from the application process (DS260 confirmation page, for example?) to ease customs and border protection or is it literally just my passport with the visa in? Curious to hear how other new arrivals did it! Thanks all
Hi all! First time posting here but have followed along for a while. My wife and I received notice from the NVC in early June that we are "documentarily qualified". So as I understand it, we now wait for the interview date. My only concern is what impact the coronavirus has had on scheduling in China, and at Guangzhou in particular. I've read a few things online that people's interviews were cancelled earlier this year and still have not been rescheduled. Has anyone done their interview recently? Has anyone who needed to be rescheduled successfully done so? With a lot of the restrictions in China having been lifted I would assume embassy operations should be a bit smoother, but I'm anxious to know how long we might have to wait. I'm also here on a visitor's visa and am applying for my second extension in hopes I can be here for the interview. I usually do visa runs to Hong Kong but with the border closure, I can't do that. If I don't get an extension I'll have to go back to the US with no idea if or when I can come back due to COVID restrictions, which is something we never planned for. Hope to hear about your experiences.
Hi, I have gained my Lawful Permanent Resident status in the US on April 2019, last year, on that time I was serving in the army under mandatory law for military service in my home country. I have been serving since November 2017 and until July 2020. I have already had flight tickets in my hands into the US that were planned for April 2020- so I shall not remain outside of the US for a period longer than 1 year. Unfortunately, Covid-19 pandemic has shown up and I could not have come to the US on times because the airline has cancelled my tickets. because of that, I have exceeded 1 year outside of US borders and now I need to apply for SB-1 Returning Resident visa in order to come back to the US. this upcoming process is exhausting and complicated in order to issue me a new immigrant visa and may hurt my naturalisation process. my green card was only issued last year and is valid until 2029, my question is if would you recommend for me to just take a flight now into the US and deal with the immigration officer at the port of entry or start this visa process with the embassy in my home country?