How to marry morocco man?

112 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

1st of all don't send him any money

2nd most K's are denied in casa embassy

3rd  you would have to make several trips to Morocco, marry (not on 1st visit) and  meet the  income requirements plus  commingling fiances

4th check for other fake ID's in facebook and on dating sites to see how how many women he talks to

5th   tell him that your income is small but you would be happy to live in  with him in  Morocco and see how long the relationship lasts

6 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

how soon did he say he loved u?   Right away?    RED FLAG

3 hours ago, Love2020 said:

I read all the posts. Yes I see the red flags. Thank you for nice comments and some just saying it with no filters. 

I know falling in love based on hearing what you always wanted to hear from a guy. Maybe I need to share my thoughts and put it out for the universe to hear my heart hurting and I figure talk it out is a therapy thing. 

OP. Please Please take this ladies advice. Even if you decide to continue with this relationship it is going to cost a lot of money. She spent over $35000 on this process and many many years, 6 I believe it was? It is not fast and it is not easy with your red flags. You are going to need many visits and a lot of money. Miss adil-rafa was one of the few happily ever afters. It can be done but expect a long and hard journey. If you are going to continue with him I would make your initial trip there and see how he treats you in front of his friends and family. If he is serious he will do everything possible to cover expenses while you are there within reason. Do not pay for everything. And finally, I agree with everyone he may be in it for the green card. That is why if you do proceed, do it with eyes wide open.

Edited by EmmNM

8 hours ago, Love2020 said:

The guy is 18 years younger than me. He was the one that contact me and kept contacting me. We have not met in person. I do question him a lot on what he pick me or why he want to pursue a relationship with me even the age different. I even told him I can't just marry anyone for a green card. I am not going to waste my time I told him. He keep showing me on face time how poor he is and is not happy in his country. He don't practice his religion. I am catholic. The amazing part he dress just like a New Yorker with his style just like the guys here in New York City. 

Would age difference be a problem? 

Would I be making a mistake of marrying him? 

I don't care what religion or color you are .. if I like the person I like the person. 

Is this for real?  Seriously, get as far from this situation as possible. :no:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I admit, I haven't read the whole thread but here's my take on what I've read so far..

If you go through with this you will end up divorced, heartbroken, with even less money than now, and on the hook for the affidavit of support that you need to sign to sponsor him.

That's what I see when reading your posts. In other words - nothing good will come from this. For you. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kastrs said:

you should know, many foreigners think all americans are rich, no matter if you tell them it is expensive here or you are struggling, so he probably does not believe you

Agree!  They seem to see things on TV all the time, movies, etc, and the US is always represented as rich or well off etc,  they don't see the streets in a certain west coast state where the streets are lined with tents of homeless people, poo, needles, etc.. 

3 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

Agree!  They seem to see things on TV all the time, movies, etc, and the US is always represented as rich or well off etc,  they don't see the streets in a certain west coast state where the streets are lined with tents of homeless people, poo, needles, etc.. 

Yeah, and all we can hope for is that that certain west coast state succeeds from the union. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Yeah, and all we can hope for is that that certain west coast state succeeds from the union. 

At the rate they're going, all 3 of them can go! 🤔

1 minute ago, thinblueline said:

At the rate they're going, all 3 of them can go! 🤔

Yeah, you're right!  America could be great again!  (Sorry I couldn't pass up that opportunity)  Aloha, david

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

He is 18 years younger.... yea red flag red flag red flag. Everywhere red flags.

I'm 21 years older than my Jordanian husband. Age was never an issue and never brought up. He's now a US citizen and we've been married 7 years. A visa cannot be denied based on age, it's discrimination. I was also divorced, had 2 children, we married on my first visit to Jordan and we're different religions. I really wish people would stop saying to every single woman on this sight who happens to be older and of different religion that there is no way they'l get a visa, it's not true. In fact, one of my friends is married to a Moroccan man she's older and they had no issues either. My husband and I didn't even have as much as an RFE at any point during the process.

As long as you do you research, get all of the paperwork you need and double and triple check it all you'll do OK. Just be diligent and organized. Casa is a difficult embassy, but not impossible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cathi said:

I'm 21 years older than my Jordanian husband. Age was never an issue and never brought up. He's now a US citizen and we've been married 7 years. A visa cannot be denied based on age, it's discrimination. I was also divorced, had 2 children, we married on my first visit to Jordan and we're different religions. I really wish people would stop saying to every single woman on this sight who happens to be older and of different religion that there is no way they'l get a visa, it's not true. In fact, one of my friends is married to a Moroccan man she's older and they had no issues either. My husband and I didn't even have as much as an RFE at any point during the process.

As long as you do you research, get all of the paperwork you need and double and triple check it all you'll do OK. Just be diligent and organized. Casa is a difficult embassy, but not impossible.

In all fairness, Ben&Zian was talking about red flags, not denials. Having red flags and being denied are two different things. Even if you don't like it personally, the things mentioned ARE red flags. Again, that doesn't mean an automatic denial though.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would not even bother making trips to Morocco to meet him if I were you (not worth the ticket, gifts and visa application money and trouble). Sorry, but this guy is simply in for the visa. I'm almost sure he's chatting with other women too at the same time as you (so whoever takes the bait would be his jackpot). And you said you don't understand why someone would go to great lengths to scam someone; desperation, my friend, that's why...

Why would you want to be with a guy who's trying to take advantage of a disabled person? It's better to be alone than to be with the wrong person.

You sound like a nice person, and you simply deserve better. Block him and move on and run away while you still can! 

~~~

Tell him straight you will move to Morocco.  Next week.  I bet you all his western clothes he will do a runner and you won't see him for dust.

I'm from the UK, hubby is from Michigan and is a retired US Army LTC.   We are currently stationed overseas.

Here is our immigration journey so far....

10.26.13 - Our wedding in Scotland 

11.26.14 - Filed I-130 at US Consulate, Frankfurt (DCF)

11.18.14 - Returned to Scotland to renew our vows for our first wedding anniversary

01.08.15 - NOA2 received in snail mail, together with case number and Packet 3 instructions

02.15.15 - Submitted Packet 3

02.17.15 - Packet 4 received by email with instructions to schedule medical and interview

02.18.15 - Email authorisation received from Consulate to gain access to appointment calendar

03.03.15 - Medical

03.18.15 - Interview - Approved

03.21.15 - Visa in hand

06.10.15 - POE Chicago (final destination Detroit)

07.20.15 - Received SSN in mail

07.27.15 - Received 2 year green card in mail

The journey to ROC starts here...!

10.05.15 - Returned to Germany on government orders

05.25.17 - Mailed ROC package to California Service Centre

06.14.17 - Received NOA 1 (dated 05.30.17) in mail

09.05.18 - Received a second NOA (dated 08.11.18) in mail granting a further six months extension to green card due to 'processing delays'

11.26.18 - ROC - Approved

12.05.18 - Approval Notice I-797 received in mail

12.18.18 - 10 year green card received in mail

The journey to citizenship starts here...!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Love2020 said:

I been talking to this guy for a year and he is from Morocco. I am new to immigration rules and paper work. The other thing is that the guy is a few years younger than me. What should I do? If the guy is a few years younger than me will this be in questioning on what we want to get marry? I am also on SSA disability and the financial part of showing proof just puzzle me. If I go back to work I don't know if an employer would hire me based on my condition or will find a good higher paying job. 

What are your thoughts, feedback and comments? What should I do?  

The guy said he will love me and always stay with me which I find very romantic. I do not want to get divorced. 

You should get engaged and check out the K-1 process. The age difference will raise questions but not some huge barrier. 

Congrats on finding your love.

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.