How to marry morocco man?

112 posts in this topic

I been talking to this guy for a year and he is from Morocco. I am new to immigration rules and paper work. The other thing is that the guy is a few years younger than me. What should I do? If the guy is a few years younger than me will this be in questioning on what we want to get marry? I am also on SSA disability and the financial part of showing proof just puzzle me. If I go back to work I don't know if an employer would hire me based on my condition or will find a good higher paying job. 

What are your thoughts, feedback and comments? What should I do?  

The guy said he will love me and always stay with me which I find very romantic. I do not want to get divorced. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How many a few years younger? are you of the same religion? do either of you have kids?

have you met face to face?

Morocco is a very difficult embassy, you will need to go above and beyond to demonstrate the validity of your relationship

and yes you should expect that every aspect of your relationship will be called in to question

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

The guy is 18 years younger than me. He was the one that contact me and kept contacting me. We have not met in person. I do question him a lot on what he pick me or why he want to pursue a relationship with me even the age different. I even told him I can't just marry anyone for a green card. I am not going to waste my time I told him. He keep showing me on face time how poor he is and is not happy in his country. He don't practice his religion. I am catholic. The amazing part he dress just like a New Yorker with his style just like the guys here in New York City. 

Would age difference be a problem? 

Would I be making a mistake of marrying him? 

I don't care what religion or color you are .. if I like the person I like the person. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Love2020 said:

I am in love. We never met in person. We talk everyday and FaceTime everyday. 

Again, you might be emotional weak and dont get me wrong, we all can go through that, but be very careful with your relationship....like I said, visit each other, spend some time, meet his family, his routine, etc.....

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Love2020 said:

The guy is 18 years younger than me. This is not a few years younger, he is quite a bit younger

He was the one that contact me and kept contacting me. We have not met in person. I do question him a lot on what he pick me or why he want to pursue a relationship with me even the age different. I even told him I can't just marry anyone for a green card. I am not going to waste my time I told him. He keep showing me on face time how poor he is and is not happy in his country. He don't practice his religion. I am catholic. The amazing part he dress just like a New Yorker with his style just like the guys here in New York City. 

It is morocco... you would be surprised how people overseas can dress just like people in NY expectantly if they are from the urban areas 

Would age difference be a problem?  could be especially combined with other factors

Would I be making a mistake of marrying him? you are an adult no one can make your decisions for you, that said, IMO based on the info you have provided yes it would be a mistake

I don't care what religion or color you are .. if I like the person I like the person. you might not care....guess who does, the embassy who will decide your fate

as I said to being with you will need a mountain of evidence to prove your relationship

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

I do have the feeling he wants to come to USA. 

I told him if want to come to USA why just apply for visa for college and study here in the USA. 

I told him I am not rich. I am struggling myself. 

I don't understand why is it hard to find love. Why some guys like to play games. I don't understand what happen to true love. 

It sounds like he is just in it for the green card. You sound very nice, but also keen on finding THE ONE. This person seems more interested in his motivations. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.