Vaqar Malik

Age gap... Will there be an issue at the interview for our Spouse Visa?

127 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, arken said:

While your wife be wud be pretty happy to hear that, your indirect answer is you won't marry a 55 year old woman living in pakistan. Not that CO may ask that specific question but will ask those sort of questions to see if you married her just for immigration. Chat logs and money gram receipts aren't enough in my opinion. Lots of moneygram receipts will seem like she is enticing you with money. 

Perhaps its the language barrier and what he is trying to say is getting lost in translation. Many American women in their 50s look amazing and dont look their age as plastic surgery and cosmetic enhancements are very popular compared to Pakistani women who I am sure dont have that access and its not as acceptable in their culture so I understand what he is saying. Nonetheless, that wont be an excuse during your interview so make sure your answers are solid. When asked why you fell in love with her and what is keeping you together besides her being caring and supporting you financially, what would be the answer? The questions and comments the other members mentioned that could be asked at your interview are valid and are likely to be asked. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vaqar Malik said:

I have pictures and screenshot of our daily conversation and she always support me financially i have moneygram receipts I've submitted all of it.

Sending you money is poor evidence/  to immigration officers it looks like you use the USC for money /  trust me not good to show this and i hope she did nt include it as evidence of the relationship

time spent together in real life   / not texting or chatting or screen shots of chats but together in the flesh

her age is big is big / then the issue is also big

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

6 years of living together is pretty solid evidence.

but he did not say lived together /  he said we've been together and then says he has evidence of this by money grams she sent,  and screen shots and chats

To OP:

more than 10 years of age difference is a lot to overcome

Asking again     how many trips to be with you in all?

how much time together in real life?

I made 5 trips all 1 to 3 months with him and his family totally over 6 months with him in real life 

and we have big age difference (and it took us 6 years to be approved)  

CO asked him  " Do you sleep with your wife?"

Get ready for hard questions like this 

and the big one if she sent proof of sending you money which is not a good indicator of the relationship 

and i had mother's approval  and family was present for our marriage celebration after the court marriage

and "doesn't look 55 NOW but give her 5 years and tell me what you think then

when we do start to age ,  the wrinkles come fast along with dark spots to show age

and you better be prepared to work and support her and pay your own health care insurance as she is close to if not already retired 

Many here can retire early if they are smart about saving and investing

Got to agree with the above- marriage on the 1st trip - expect to be denied /  i have been proven wrong before 

but you better be able to show you want to be with her (and no one else for a good marriage ) instead of "will i get my visa?"

this process to to reunite families not for a green card 

Edited by JeanneAdil

5 hours ago, Vaqar Malik said:

I have pictures and screenshot of our daily conversation and she always support me financially i have moneygram receipts I've submitted all of it.

She’s supporting you financially?   In this situation, that may be a negative factor.

4 hours ago, Vaqar Malik said:

Yeah thank you 

But she don't look like 55 😚😚

So you don’t want children of your own?   The CO will want to know this….

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vaqar Malik said:

We met twice in Philippines in her father country and in mine country Pakistan

So you have met three times total, correct?  And married on the first visit.  Did your wife submit documentation of all three visits, to show how many days/weeks/months you were physically together, such as passport stamps, original boarding passes, hotel receipts with the I-130 petition and later at the NVC stage?  I agree with others that the 29 year age gap could be a big challenge coming from Pakistan which can be a long difficult embassy to deal with even in more solid cases, a denial is quite likely if you did not submit any evidence of time spent together in person, which so far you have not mentioned, only chat records and money sent to you.  Try taking more quality evidence to your interview, they may or may not look at it but it's worth trying.  If your visa is denied, I suggest spending more time together, multiple trips, and submit that evidence.  You can even do some financial co-mingling while living in separate countries, we submitted evidence of health insurance, joint credit card, beneficiary on life insurance, retirement accounts, joint IRS tax transcript, etc. with the I-130 or NVC stages,  plus documentation showing time spent together (in our case before the visa interview, it was a total of 8 visits), and were approved with a 27 year age gap.  So it can be done but you need more quality evidence than chat logs and sending money.  She may have to move to Pakistan if you want to be together soon and then try a second time if the first attempt fails for lack of sufficient bona fide marriage evidence.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.