Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About PaulaCJohnny

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Member # 368410
  • Location Toledo, OH, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. My answer was not rude at all. You really need to read more about it, like anyone here when start a immigration process. I did. Was a suggestion. You supporting your wife is just this, you supporting her. This is not taxable. If what you need is a more clear and short answer that will help you, here it is: No, you cannot put your wife as a dependent. The K1 visa is normally the not best option because the beneficiary cannot work and the Sponsor need to support this person until they can get the work permit. CR1/IR1 is always a best option if one don’t want to deal with this extra stress. Good luck 🍀
  2. A wife is not a dependent. Or you file Married filling jointly or Married filling separate. You need to inform yourself better: https://www.irs.gov/faqs/filing-requirements-status-dependents/dependents#:~:text=To meet the qualifying child,meets the qualifying relative test.
  3. Is the Profession on the NAFTA list?? Do you know that is a non immigrant visa right? So, apply for this one with the intent to immigrate is not legal. If your intention is to live here you need to apply for the correct visa, try short cuts will not help
  4. Nothing you can do. This kind of visa need to be requested by the company Lawyer . They are the one responsible for it. This is not an easy or cheap process, and for a company to offer this they probably know how to do it, because is not like any company that have the resources to do it, like a small business. You can start for reading this… https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants
  5. Short answer. No, you cannot. You already read the law. If there is no exception, you cannot adjust. Sorry for that and good luck
  6. Your future husband doesn’t know the local laws? He probably can call to places and ask, don’t you think this will be better?
  7. Sorry for your situation. I don’t understand the I-130 situation. Does he have the IR1 visa? Did you applied for an AOS? How is the Status of the I-130? For your other questions related with child support you need to find a lawyer. This is not an immigration question. File for divorce and protect yourself and your kid. Be save
  8. Any answer here will be pure speculation. nobody can’t know this exactly. What are the base of your question?
  9. Lawyer. This is my only advice. I don’t think this is a DIY case.
  10. Read the post that I shared, have a lot of good advice there. My point is that they take care of the children for 8 years and never adopt, and now that is there a chance to immigrate they want to do the paper. I’m sharing with you what the IO will probably be questioning about their case. They don’t care about happiness or anything like there, they need real proofs and documents.
  11. The short answer is this is not an easy case They had all this time to do it and they decided not to. Doing just with the immigration intentions is not ok. I don’t think this is a DIY case, you will need a competent lawyer for this. please read this post Good luck.
  12. You will need a Co-sponsor, if you don’t have it yet. About your past Tax returns you can write a short letter saying that you didn’t made enough money so this is why you didn’t declare, sign and upload on the NVC part. This is why you don’t have it? Because I think that you need to declares your income even you live abroad. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/frequently-asked-questions-about-international-individual-tax-matters 1. I’m a U.S. citizen living and working outside of the United States for many years. Do I still need to file a U.S. tax return? Yes, if you are a U.S. citizen or a resident alien living outside the United States, your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you live. However, you may qualify for certain foreign earned income exclusions and/or foreign income tax credits. Visit Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad, for additional information
  13. Second medical? What is the reason? If he will be doing all again probably the same cost. Can you shame more information so we can understand and help you better?
  14. Totally fine and legal to do what you plan. Happy that you choose the best way. You can check how to get the marriage license on your state and if they need any special documents from your fiancé. Good luck and best wishes.
  • Create New...