soso723

cancellation of N400 interviews an oath ceremonies: write to your Congress representatives!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

USCIS announced today that it is no longer scheduling any in-person interviews or oath ceremonies, which directly affects all N-400 applicants. Please write to your 2 Senators and to your Representative to allow USCIS to conduct online interviews and ceremonies.

"Dear Senator/Representative

USCIS announced today that it will no longer provide in-person services to immigrants at its local offices. This includes lawful permanent residents who have already applied for US citizenship and now can no longer attend any interviews or oath ceremonies, effectively halting their legal path to citizenship. Please introduce legislation that will allow naturalization of lawful, law abiding  and skilled permanent residents without the requirement of physical presence. You should allow conducting interviews and oath ceremonies over Skype or Facetime. Keeping the citizenship path open  will enable  current permanent residents to apply for federal jobs in these times of need and also vote in this year's crucial presidential election.

Best wishes,"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with @NikLR, it is probably a waste of time to send an email to the congressional reps, but feel free.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

They already have recent photos of us and all of our information, including our address and phone number where they could send out a code, for example. Verifying identity is not an issue here. 

Timeline

Government can  NOT ONLY verify a person's identity in person. 

Congressmen should dedicate their time to all of their constituents affected by the virus, including N-400 applicants.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Go ahead and send notes to your congressional Rep and Senators, who knows, maybe if this coronavirus is something long term, they will look at some changes. 

Good Luck!

Edited by Penguin_ie

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

I have relatives on the other side of the world who are elderly and have underlying conditions and live alone with no help. They might die without my help. The United Kingdom naturalization process does not even include an interview, yet they still manage to do things securely. Please stop.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****  Several posts removed for bickering, personal attacks and telling people not to post.  Other posts edited to remove personal attacks and quotes of same.  Post constructively or politely, or do not post. This is a stressful time for all of us.  Let's be kind to eachother and remember the post below:

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

1 hour ago, soso723 said:

I have relatives on the other side of the world who are elderly and have underlying conditions and live alone with no help. They might die without my help. The United Kingdom naturalization process does not even include an interview, yet they still manage to do things securely. Please stop.

I don’t understand why naturalizing at a different date affects your ability to help them? You can do so equally as a LPR or USC. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, soso723 said:

USCIS announced today that it is no longer scheduling any in-person interviews or oath ceremonies, which directly affects all N-400 applicants. Please write to your 2 Senators and to your Representative to allow USCIS to conduct online interviews and ceremonies.

Never going to happen, don't waste the time with a letter or email. Like others have said, have to verify identity, and you have to be sworn in. Plus they take your photo for the green card and fingerprints at time of interview ( They did at ours February 5th,2020)

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, soso723 said:

Please write to your 2 Senators and to your Representative to allow USCIS to conduct online interviews and ceremonies.

Lol. You’re hilarious. Ain’t going to happen. You think being conferred with American citizenship is a trivial thing?

Supreme Court Justice  Harry Blackmun said

American citizenship is no less precious than life or liberty.

You could conceivably one day be interviewed by Skype however IMHO you’re definitely not going to get sworn in by Skype, fuhgeddaboutit!

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.