Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About agrabs

  • Rank
    Platinum Member
  • Member # 108959

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    kansas city
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Local Office
    Kansas City MO
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

6,531 profile views
  1. Re-entry at immigration is not the problem - Without the stamp in your passport the airline can deny you boarding. My husband was refused a boarding pass when we were coming home from vacation and he was traveling with a Valid AP/EAD combo card. USCIS had recently started issuing the combo card at the time and the airline was not familiar with it and wanted to see a valid unexpired green card. If the airline thinks there is a chance you will be denied entry, they can refuse to allow you to board.
  2. https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow/ He should apply for his SS# after he arrives. If you wait until the 194 expires then he will have to wait until the EAD is approved. The flow chart is pretty helpful
  3. Yes he will need to wait until he gets his EAD, and then the expiration date on his license will be the same as the EAD expiration date so he will need to renew it when he gets his green card and then again when the green card expires.
  4. You should be fine to go a head and send it. There is no way to know for sure how long it will take to get the initial approval. Like others have stated it's good for 6 months after the medical. My husband went through the consulate at Bucharest and If you look at my time line ( I know it's been 7 years ago) you will see that we applied in November and while we got the approval in April, it took another month to get the petition from NVC to the consulate, and then another month to get the medical and interview scheduled. It was almost 3 months from the approval of the petition until the interview/visa was issued. As Payxibka said, you can slow the process down, but you can't speed it up.
  5. There is no additional fee for filing the advance parole document, not sure why you wouldn't file it. There is no way to know how long it will take to get the green card. From what I understand the average wait is longer than 3 months depending on your local office. It really doesn't take that much time to fill out. I would apply for it just in case it takes longer than you are anticipating for the green card
  6. What is the possible Eligibility Criteria in any state? There are some basic rules for eligibility. 1. Must have lost job with no fault of his theirs 2. Must be totally or partially unemployed. 3. Must have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim 4. Must be physically able to work, available for work, and actively seeking suitable work. 5. Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed. To learn more check unemployment eligibility article A “base period” is four consecutive calendar quarters that fall within the 18 month period before establishing a new benefit year. This is from the state of MO unemployment website. It states the above are criteria for eligibility for any state. I doubt she would qualify under #3. Pretty much she would have had to be continuously employed for the last year.
  7. I understand that. I wanted to post the entire paragraph so you could get all the information. The most relevant part is that each person must qualify on their own . Your wife will need to be a permanent resident for 5 years. Keep in mind that is five years from the date her green card is issued. It has been taking up to a year for AOS.
  8. Unlike employer-sponsored group coverage, your spouse cannot get Medicare based on your Medicare eligibility if he or she does not otherwise qualify for Medicare coverage. Your spouse must qualify for Medicare by age or disability to receive Medicare coverage. The minimum age for Medicare eligibility is 65 years old unless you qualify through disability or certain conditions. You must be either an American citizen or legal permanent resident of at least five continuous years. If your spouse is under 65 but has been receiving disability benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board for 24 months, he or she will automatically qualify for Medicare in the 25th month of receiving disability benefits. Your spouse may also qualify for Medicare before 65 through end-stage renal disease or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease). If none of the above situations apply, your spouse may have to wait until age 65 to be eligible for Medicare. In the meantime, if your spouse doesn’t have coverage through an employer, he or she may be able to purchase health insurance through a private insurance broker like eHealth https://www.ehealthmedicare.com/faq/will-spouse-of-62-receive-medicare-if-im-65/
  9. This thread should be a mandatory read for anyone wanting to bring their elderly parents here to live. Most people coming here on a k1 or spouse visa will be able to be added on to their spouse"s insurance or get coverage thru their employer once they are working. However I feel like people don't give this enough consideration when bringing parents here who will be unable to work. Too often they say they are not worried about health insurance because they make plenty of money to pay for their parents care. I don't think they understand how unrealistic that is.
  10. This is a very important question you need to give it some consideration.
  11. Not the employers fault. USCIS has self check on it's site where you can put in your information to determine if you are eligible for employment, so if you weren't sure all you had to do was look it up on the USCIS website. https://www.e-verify.gov/mye-verify/self-check If I were you, I would revisit the USCIS website to review what you can and can't do while processing AOS, and as an LPR, (ie, voting, claiming to be a US citizen, etc) because saying you didn't know won't cut it.
  12. What did you think the EAD was for? Her SS card should specifically state only valid with work permit.
  13. You need to do it before your conditional green card expires. Roc can take more than a year and once the conditional green card expires the SS office will not be able to issue you a new one until ROC has been approved. There have been posts on here from others who had no plans on changing jobs either and did not update their SS and then had issues with changing jobs while going thru ROC. You never know what can happen in a few years.
  • Create New...