soso723

cancellation of N400 interviews an oath ceremonies: write to your Congress representatives!

35 posts in this topic

What really needs to happen is policy decisions must be crafted and announced that will help people for whom time affects their status directly.

People whose application or status will TIME OUT. People who will pay a price for time delays.

THOSE are the people with whom I most empathize - citizenship/immigration-wise.

Reasonable considerations must be crafted, announced, and implemented...the sooner the better, to help reduce uncertainty and anxiety.

Hang in there everybody.

We feel your pain.

Peace.

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

8 hours ago, soso723 said:

Congressmen should dedicate their time to all of their constituents affected by the virus, including N-400 applicants.

Except you're not one of their constituents yet...

I believe congressmen have more important things to focus on right now than your N-400 interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Imagine the interview,

IO- Have you had any travel outside the US after submitting N400?

Applicant - Yes, one

IO- when and where?

Applicant- Italy, for 3 weeks in Feb.

The IO then runs for his life.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, soso723 said:

Government can  NOT ONLY verify a person's identity in person. 

Congressmen should dedicate their time to all of their constituents affected by the virus, including N-400 applicants.

Congress (as i was told by my attorney )  has no power over immigration

if you sign to allow a congressman to have access to your file,  they get the same lastest info you get and that is all

immigration is not under the federal budget and not controlled by Congress .  It is paid for by our fees alone.

9 hours ago, soso723 said:

They already have recent photos of us and all of our information, including our address and phone number where they could send out a code, for example. Verifying identity is not an issue here. 

and the person doing the interview needs all your file info/accessing must be secure /very secure/ not done at home on skype/ you want a hacker to see your personal SS number/ your income/ where you work and live????

4 hours ago, Suze1 said:

What really needs to happen is policy decisions must be crafted and announced that will help people for whom time affects their status directly.

People whose application or status will TIME OUT. People who will pay a price for time delays.

THOSE are the people with whom I most empathize - citizenship/immigration-wise.

Reasonable considerations must be crafted, announced, and implemented...the sooner the better, to help reduce uncertainty and anxiety.

Hang in there everybody.

We feel your pain.

Peace.

How could anyone’s status time out due to delays with N-400s? You can only apply for citizenship once you are a lawful permanent resident. Clue is in the name. Permanent. Even if the plastic green card expires, your status does not. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

1 hour ago, JFH said:

How could anyone’s status time out due to delays with N-400s?

Agreed. Did/Do not mean N-400's.

(Wondered if  SOMEONE might interpreted it the way you did...because of the thread  it was put in...just did not move/post it in a more germane thread, was too busy to find one.)

As said, specifically meant - "People whose application or status will TIME OUT." Was talking about/empathizing with them.

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

1 hour ago, xyz12345 said:

Re: oath ceremonies. I hope that USCIS will give first priority to the people whose dates were cancelled, moving everyone else's scheduled naturalization ceremonies down the line until all those that had already been scheduled are done.

Might be better to allow people to keep their appointments, and just schedule the missed ones BEFORE they schedule NEW ones.

Otherwise everybody's gets rescheduled. That is probably what would happen in many cases, but would probably be better to not have to rescheduled any more than necessary.

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Just wanted to chime in that timing of the N-400 is important to me. My oldest child will turn 18 in October. If I can somehow finish my naturalization process before her birthday, she gets derivative citizenship. If I can't, she'll have to wait a few more years then re-apply as an LPR with the 5-year rule. So, it's a time and cost issue for us, plus the weirdness of having everyone in her immediate family be a citizen except her. Now, is it somehow life-threatening or crucial? Obviously not. But in our case, it's clearly not a matter of simply "waiting a few more months".

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

13 hours ago, soso723 said:

They already have recent photos of us and all of our information, including our address and phone number where they could send out a code, for example. Verifying identity is not an issue here. 

Google "biometrics."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.