igoyougoduke

MEGATHREAD- All USA Flights from EU banned for next 30 days

312 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Donald120383 said:

its being handled very badly by the leadership.  infection is already here ,not sure what is achieved by banning flights from europe 

I'm not sure, either.  I was talking about today's bear market.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

Apparently even cargo from Europe is also banned for 30 days .. 

They clarified that apparently cargo wont be banned

Well, cargo is an outstanding question for right now. The proclamation doesn't state it and the POTUS said it does not impact cargo in a recent tweet.

Although, this conflicts what was stated earlier in the address ("And these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.").

So it's not entirely clear yet what is and isn't going to impacted, and in what ways.

Edit: My money is on the cargo not being impacted, but this was a horrible delivery...you gotta be clear and concise here.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't think it is the best approach... Austerity measures have very steep consequences which we don't want to add to the already tumbling market. Besides that countries like Germany have recorded good success in handling the outbreak, the if I remember correctly they have over 1100 cases and just 5 deaths. It's been a hard year for immigration 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

So my husband's immigration visa expire end of July, we live in UAE. We were supposed to move to the US in June. Now I'm. Panicking with his ban, what if he bands the middle east next? 

Should we book and leave now? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ramar1 said:

So my husband's immigration visa expire end of July, we live in UAE. We were supposed to move to the US in June. Now I'm. Panicking with his ban, what if he bands the middle east next? 

Should we book and leave now? 

He can enter, activate the visa, and return to the UAE all in one day (give or take a few hours). You should consider doing so and not leave it to the last minute

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

i feel terrible for the people who just got approved and booked their tickets to finally come here.... man what a kick in the face

Airlines should be able to issue full refunds at this point. But yes, to be delayed like that is brutal 

13 minutes ago, designguy said:

He can enter, activate the visa, and return to the UAE all in one day (give or take a few hours). You should consider doing so and not leave it to the last minute

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking.. Going for 5 days or so and coming back.. I need to be with him? Or he can enter alone? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

There are exemptions for immediate family of American citizens. I imagine it means all K visa holders and people coming on spousal immigrant visas will be exempt. It’s not as bad as it sounded, at least for VJ  members. For ordinary visitors however, they’re hosed.

I think this is a case of closing the barn door after the horses have bolted. The virus is now predominantly being propagated by community spread among Americans. Banning foreign visitors should have happened a month ago, not now.

Americans and American leadership underestimated this devilish virus and initially thought it was a Chinese problem thereby squandering the two months lead time we had to prepare and block this vile thing. This has been a failure of leadership all round.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ramar1 said:

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking.. Going for 5 days or so and coming back.. I need to be with him? Or he can enter alone? 

I believe it would best for you to enter together. Someone with more experience in that department can give you a more concrete answer

2 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

There are exemptions for immediate family of American citizens. I imagine it means all K visa holders and people coming on spousal immigrant visas will be exempt. It’s not as bad as it sounded, at least for VJ  members. For ordinary visitors however, they’re hosed.

I think this is a case of closing the barn door after the horses have bolted. The virus is now predominantly being spread by community spread among Americans. Banning foreign visitors should have happened a month ago, not now.

Americans and American leadership underestimated this devilish virus and initially thought it was a Chinese problem thereby squandering the two months lead time we had to prepare and block this vile thing.

I disagree that Ks will be exempt. They are not immediate relatives. The visa is a chance to become an immediate relative, but at the time of the visa issuance they are not

Edited by designguy

3 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

I think this is a case of closing the barn door after the horses have bolted. The virus is now predominantly being propagated by community spread among Americans. Banning foreign visitors should have happened a month ago, not now.

Americans and American leadership underestimated this devilish virus and initially thought it was a Chinese problem thereby squandering the two months lead time we had to prepare and block this vile thing. This has been a failure of leadership all round.

K-visa is not immediate relative. you have to be married to be immediate relative or related by blood. Neither of those apply for K

duh

1 minute ago, Donald120383 said:

K-visa is not immediate relative. you have to be married to be immediate relative or related by blood. Neither of those apply for K

Well I'm on the Cr1 visa, I would be OK? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.