igoyougoduke

MEGATHREAD- All USA Flights from EU banned for next 30 days

312 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Ramar1 said:

Well I'm on the Cr1 visa, I would be OK? 

Yes your fine as per current proclamation as your country is not covered anyways. What will happen in the future, who knows? I wouldnt leave it to chance.

2 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

a little too late... jsut 90 days late but they can book tickets from EU to UK to US

Are you sure?  Wouldn’t this defeat the whole purpose of the ban?  

2 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

Apparently even cargo from Europe is also banned for 30 days .. 

Not true. 

1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

its being handled very badly by the leadership.  infection is already here ,not sure what is achieved by banning flights from europe 

IMHO, I believe it will help decrease the spread. If we can contain what we have here, that would be the best scenario. Don’t bring anymore infected individuals into the U.S.  This should have been done a few weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, JFH said:

Exactly. I’m here in Washington state with over 25 deaths so far around me. But Gods forbid anyone should come here from Denmark where they have had zero deaths. Or Germany with 3 deaths in the entire country. 

I don't understand the logic of banning people coming from Schengen, that makes just zero sense. 

4 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

IMHO, I believe it will help decrease the spread. If we can contain what we have here, that would be the best scenario. Don’t bring anymore infected individuals into the U.S.  This should have been done a few weeks ago. 

But look at the numbers who are infected in the UK compared to places like Portugal or Estonia. It makes no sense. EU passport holders don’t even get a stamp when they travel from one country to another so you’ll only have their word for it that they have not been to a Schengen country. Example - I have a German passport and a British passport. Imagine I am living in Germany but travel to the UK one one ticket using my German passport and then the next day board a flight up the US on my UK passport. Even if they could track my passport activity they still wouldn’t know, unless I’m honest, that although I came here on a flight from London I’d actually been in Bonn for the last 10 years. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

1 minute ago, JFH said:

But look at the numbers who are infected in the UK compared to places like Portugal or Estonia. It makes no sense. EU passport holders don’t even get a stamp when they travel from one country to another so you’ll only have their word for it that they have not been to a Schengen country. Example - I have a German passport and a British passport. Imagine I am living in Germany but travel to the UK one one ticket using my German passport and then the next day board a flight up the US on my UK passport. Even if they could track my passport activity they still wouldn’t know, unless I’m honest, that although I came here on a flight from London I’d actually been in Bonn for the last 10 years. 

That’s true. Hopefully, in the best interest of others welfare, people will be honest and follow the bans. 

23 minutes ago, designguy said:

Yes your fine as per current proclamation as your country is not covered anyways. What will happen in the future, who knows? I wouldnt leave it to chance.

it looks more and more that a global ban will come very soon. every country will block every other country even within europe.  Praying for everyone this goes away. Hopefully the leadership in every country wakes up and contain this monster aggressively 

duh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I don't understand the logic of banning people coming from Schengen, that makes just zero sense. 

Merkel is predicting 70% of Germany will get it. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51835856

The wording from the actual proclamation does not mention K visa holders or a fiance/fiancee. The only exemptions it noted apply to immediate relatives, which it explicitly names.

Whether or not a policy will determine to interpret that as to include K holders or is something to be clarified or demonstrated. Since it is not explicitly defined, I would err on the side that it does not include them until evidence suggests otherwise.

I can't say I agree with the specifics of the countries impacted by the ban. As noted, there are a number included that do not currently pose a considerable risk. IMO, it would have been better to just define the specific countries they are concerned about.

That said, the easy flow of people across the region makes enforcement pretty much impossible unless they do actually ban the entire region (and I can see why UK was excluded, as flow to the UK is more regulated due to a natural border).

Either way, it's mostly too little, too late. The effectiveness of such a ban now is likely negligible.

16 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Or maybe they should learn from how Korea handled it and focus on testing and treating patients. People in the US can't afford to get tested, so they don't. Apparently Trump thinks tax cuts will contain a pandemic. 

Yes, the lack of testing is the biggest problem now, not so much travelers. The time to prevent spread via foreign travelers has long passed.

Any ACA plan, plus government-sponsored plans like Medicare,  will cover the cost of the testing (minus the dr visit). The local hospitals here are permitting testing at no cost, and we have no cases locally. That said, IMO the test should not cost anything even if uninsured...this isn't some entitlement or free ride or whatever, it directly benefits everybody by doing so and reduces the total impact and costs associated with handling the virus.

The bigger issue, IMHO, is the inability to even get the test. There's many cases of people who absolutely should have been tested but were refused under the criteria the CDC set.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

9 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Or maybe they should learn from how Korea handled it and focus on testing and treating patients. People in the US can't afford to get tested, so they don't. Apparently Trump thinks tax cuts will contain a pandemic. 

People in the U.S. will not have to pay to be tested. The tax cuts are to help those affected by the economic aspects of closures, not being able to work, etc. It is not meant to contain the virus. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.