igoyougoduke

MEGATHREAD- All USA Flights from EU banned for next 30 days

312 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

They don’t have the physical green card yet. Can they come here?

Do they have the immigrant visa affixed in their passport? If no, they cannot.

More details on quarantining etc will be announced in the next 48 hours. They may be better off waiting out the next 30 days or so in Germany. Being quarantined forcefully is not fun.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Do they have the immigrant visa affixed in their passport? If no, they cannot.

More details on quarantining etc will be announced in the next 48 hours. They may be better off waiting out the next 30 days or so in Germany. Being quarantined forcefully is not fun.

They do have visa affixed to passport. Hopefully this will clam down in a few months? 😕

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lskifghj said:

Do parents and siblings count as immediate family too?

Parents yes. Siblings no

That is if you go off of visa categories. They havent specified what they mean by "immediate" in the proclamation

Edited by designguy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Mod note- this is a thread to discuss the impact of the ban on flights on immigration/ our members.  This is NOT a thread to discuss politics or bicker.  Only discuss the immigration  impact of this policy in a polite and constructive way and remember to be supportive of your fellow VJ members.  If you wish to discuss politics, or medical advances in certain countries, or whether  Covid-19 is as bad as some think, we have the Current Affairs forum for this. ******

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Fr0210 said:

do you think I can ask for the national visa center to make an expedite request with our case ? Or would they let me stay in the US in order to attend the birth of our baby and not risk the spread of this COVID-19 ?

Expedite requests are free, no harm in trying, so I would suggest that you contact NVC and ask.  Be prepared to submit documents justifying an expedite.  If approved, all they'll do is send your file to the embassy in Paris a little sooner, and schedule your interview there for a few weeks later.  Your interview will be in Paris so you'll have to go back for that, then if approved, re-enter the US with your spousal visa.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

5 hours ago, Catalyst2020 said:

Hi guys

So just to be clear this is a ban on flights leaving from EU only right? Not those with EU passports

If that's the case people can still travel to the US via other continents if I am not mistaken

Yes that is correct but folks with EU passports can come under scrutiny. you should be fine as long as you can prove that you were not a schengen resident in the last 14 days.  it says if you have been to schengen in the last 14 days you will not be allowed to enter. it does not matter what passport you hold 

2 hours ago, Frank77777 said:

Hey i have cr1 visa on passport and i am from europe my spouse is american i can travel ? 

Yes if you can find a flight

duh

1 hour ago, Lskifghj said:

So my parents got their green card approved but are still in Germany and not here yet. They don’t have the physical green card yet. Can they come here? Do they have to quarantine first? If so, how? At the airport??

parents of US citizen - rule does not apply

duh

38 minutes ago, designguy said:

Parents yes. Siblings no

That is if you go off of visa categories. They havent specified what they mean by "immediate" in the proclamation

Here is the list from DHS 

Sec. 2 Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.

(a)  Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i)     any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii)    any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii)   any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(iv)    any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v)     any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi)    any alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(vii)   any alien traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any alien otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(viii)  any alien

(A)  seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to one of the following visas:  A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), E-1 (as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee’s immediate family members), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 (or seeking to enter as a nonimmigrant in one of those NATO categories); or

(B)  whose travel falls within the scope of section 11 of the United Nations Headquarters Agreement;

(ix)    any alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, through the CDC Director or his designee;

(x)     any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee;

(xi)    any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees; or

(xii)   members of the U.S. Armed Forces and spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces.

(b)  Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to affect any individual’s eligibility for asylum, withholding of removal, or protection under the regulations issued pursuant to the legislation implementing the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, consistent with the laws and regulations of the United States.

Edited by Donald120383

duh

12 hours ago, designguy said:

This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation. 

does that mean it does not affect our visas ?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

does that mean it does not affect our visas ?

It means K1 are also banned. No exceptions were made for fiancés.

The interesting thing is parents and minor (under 21) siblings of US citizens or residents can visit on even visitors visa.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

It means K1 are also banned. No exceptions were made for fiancés.

The interesting thing is parents and minor (under 21) siblings of US citizens or residents can visit on even visitors visa.

But only if the US citizen or resident is also under 21.

2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

But only if the US citizen or resident is also under 21.

how lovely, my fiance and i have been waiting for 3 years to be with each other and now all the sudden after i booked her ticket and mine to go to Lebanon and bring here with me on the 25th of this month, travel ban is on Europe comes up!!! what a lovely thing that is happening to us like wow wow wow  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
53 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Expedite requests are free, no harm in trying, so I would suggest that you contact NVC and ask.  Be prepared to submit documents justifying an expedite.  If approved, all they'll do is send your file to the embassy in Paris a little sooner, and schedule your interview there for a few weeks later.  Your interview will be in Paris so you'll have to go back for that, then if approved, re-enter the US with your spousal visa.  Good luck!

Oh thanks and where do I find the instructions on how to file a request for expedite ? 

1 hour ago, PK_ said:

You are already a spouse of a US citizen. Just the marriage certificate and the proof of your spouse's citizenship would be sufficient to get through the travel ban. 

Great !

thanks

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

how lovely, my fiance and i have been waiting for 3 years to be with each other and now all the sudden after i booked her ticket and mine to go to Lebanon and bring here with me on the 25th of this month, travel ban is on Europe comes up!!! what a lovely thing that is happening to us like wow wow wow  

Is she in Lebanon? Pretty sure there isnt a ban there

Edit: if your travel is through Europe, you should find another routing

Edited by designguy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

Lebanon is not part of the travel ban, is it? Go get her and bring her before it’s added. Anything can happen at this point. Things are changing rapidly. Better safe than sorry, even if it costs you a few extra dollars. Many airlines are allowing free changes.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.