Anonymous 94

IS LYING RELEVANT ON TIMELINE OF HOW WE MET AND ALSO AGE DIFFERENCE

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys. I’m a 26 year old male from Nigeria and my petitioner a 54 year old female. We met online in July 2019 and finally got to meet physically in November 2019 because we couldn’t cope with the long distance and how much we love each other even she might be older in age with age difference of 28 years but she’s got the youngest of heart and gives me my total respect. After a week of her arrival in Nigeria in November 2019 which was after 3+ plus of when we met online, I purpose to her and asked her to marry my because I love her and it was like we’ve been together for a long time.

She’ll came back to Nigeria again the second time in March when we plan to have our engagement before she files for a K1 visa and thinking of her coming again the 3rd time after filing for the K1 visa to make it 3 of meeting and spending more time together. We have evidence and chats between me and her family and she and my family. 

The QUESTION IS, looking at the age difference of 28 years and when we met online before coming to Nigeria and me proposing (within 3 months) is the timeline going to affect our case because we are looking at the credibility of it even though we TRULY LOVE EACH OTHER and trying to prevent lying??

is the timeline and age difference gonna affect us or should we just do what we don’t want to do about lying of the time we met online and saw each other to be longer for atlist 9 months instead of the 3+ month??

we really need your help guys because we plan to see each other physical atlist 3 times before the interview and 2 times before filling.

Thanks for reading and I await your honest opinions.

Edited by Anonymous 94
Typo error

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the IMBRA subforum to the main K-1 Process forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Anonymous 94 said:

Hello guys. I’m a 26 year old male from Nigeria and my petitioner a 54 year old female. We met online in July 2019 and finally got to meet physically in November 2019 because we couldn’t cope with the long distance and how much we love each other even she might be older in age with age difference of 28 years but she’s got the youngest of heart and gives me my total respect. After a week of her arrival in Nigeria in November 2019 which was after 3+ plus of when we met online, I purpose to her and asked her to marry my because I love her and it was like we’ve been together for a long time.

She’ll came back to Nigeria again the second time in March when we plan to have our engagement before she files for a K1 visa and thinking of her coming again the 3rd time after filing for the K1 visa to make it 3 of meeting and spending more time together. We have evidence and chats between me and her family and she and my family. 

The QUESTION IS, looking at the age difference of 28 years and when we met online before coming to Nigeria and me proposing (within 3 months) is the timeline going to affect our case because we are looking at the credibility of it even though we TRULY LOVE EACH OTHER and trying to prevent lying??

is the timeline and age difference gonna affect us or should we just do what we don’t want to do about lying of the time we met online and saw each other to be longer for atlist 9 months instead of the 3+ month??

we really need your help guys because we plan to see each other physical atlist 3 times before the interview and 2 times before filling.

Thanks for reading and I await your honest opinions.

Best way to prevent lying is to not lie... you have red flags, but hopefully you will be approved when you apply. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

always be honest. they will find out, anyways.

for nigeria and other high fraud consulates, more time together in person is the very best thing to do.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First of all 

never never lie 

not on a form

not to immigration officer

next

READ the Nigeria portal and ALL the posts there

you will see many visits are needed to get an approval when there are as many red flags as you have

and also many times an engagement party is considered to married for a K1 visa

happens all the time in Nigeria

for this age gap she will need to spend a lot of time getting to know you (in person) call it facetime when people write on here

you should marry and not try K1 but you need more facetime before you do this

and you need to convince a real relationship that will last not "i love her now"

a real relationship has to endure your almost 3 decades of age difference

likes and dislikes in music and movies and sports are so different between the ages and you have to know how to live with that

love can easily die when 2 people start to disagree about friends and what to do for jobs and entertainment

we have a Ghana case here were the USC fought hard to get the visa for her husband (3+ years)

he came after a denial and NOIR which she went thru 

he didn't like it here because he didn't like any job (menial labor job he was able to get) 

so, he left and is back in Ghana (love went out the window)

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
24 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

First of all 

never never lie 

not on a form

not to immigration officer

next

READ the Nigeria portal and ALL the posts there

you will see many visits are needed to get an approval when there are as many red flags as you have

and also many times an engagement party is considered to married for a K1 visa

happens all the time in Nigeria

for this age gap she will need to spend a lot of time getting to know you (in person) call it facetime when people write on here

you should marry and not try K1 but you need more facetime before you do this

and you need to convince a real relationship that will last not "i love her now"

a real relationship has to endure your almost 3 decades of age difference

likes and dislikes in music and movies and sports are so different between the ages and you have to know how to live with that

love can easily die when 2 people start to disagree about friends and what to do for jobs and entertainment

we have a Ghana case here were the USC fought hard to get the visa for her husband (3+ years)

he came after a denial and NOIR which she went thru 

he didn't like it here because he didn't like any job (menial labor job he was able to get) 

so, he left and is back in Ghana (love went out the window)

We plan on seeing again before she applies and also again before the interview which will make it 3 times of seeing and spending time with each other. All her kids wrote a reference letter to help prove our relationship is real including her sister. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Forget the K-1 visa that is not going to happen. And don't lie ever to immigration.

Meet more times spend more time with each other maybe travel to a 3rd country for vacation also. If it truly IS love as you say then you can wait on filing anything and just spend more time face to face with each other and when time comes you can get married and try and file a CR-1/IR-1 visa and you will have more evidence and time spend together. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, designguy said:

First of all is lying relevant? Yes its extremely relevant. If you go down that path, plan on getting a lifetime ban from entering the US.

Now...

Your case has a lot of red flags:

• Young Nigerian Male
  • Older American Female
  • Very large age gap
  • Met online 6 months ago
  • Only met once in person

Without more in person time you are likely to get denied. Is this large age gap typical for your culture? What about having children?

This is the easiest part. No effort needed. Just tell the truth

Thanks for your reply. We plan to have our engagement party in March before she applies and she’ll also be back in August again to make it 3 time be the interview. We are also planning on IVF or adopting a child and visited the orphanage 2 times. We have pictures to back it up. Will this increase our chances??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Anonymous 94 said:

We plan on seeing again before she applies and also again before the interview which will make it 3 times of seeing and spending time with each other. All her kids wrote a reference letter to help prove our relationship is real including her sister. 

So when she came to visit all her kids including her sister came to nigeria with her and met you in person?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Anonymous 94 said:

Thanks for your reply. We plan to have our engagement party in March before she applies and she’ll also be back in August again to make it 3 time be the interview. We are also planning on IVF or adopting a child and visited the orphanage 2 times. We have pictures to back it up. Will this increase our chances??

Don't you want to settle somewhere before you bring a child into the game? What if you're not getting approved - are you returning the child to the orphanage like a package? Or will your fiance move to nigeria to raise the child with you? What about her children in the US - will they move too? Or will she abandon them to raise the adopted child?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.