Jump to content


Members, Organizer
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


EM_Vandaveer last won the day on January 15 2019

EM_Vandaveer had the most liked content!


About EM_Vandaveer

  • Rank
    Diamond Member
  • Member # 114126

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
  • Local Office
    Dallas TX
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This. I am not doubting your sincerity and I realize that there are innocent people in prison, as well as guilty ones who genuinely change but you are still talking about marrying someone you never met, someone who received a prison sentence that is over a decade long.... Meet in person first, then go from there. For sure figure out what burocratic process is involved when it comes to marrying him. He may need permission to do so...
  2. Prudent thing would be to become a USC first & never have to worry anymore about whether one will be allowed to enter.
  3. You are better off with him becoming a USC ASAP, meaning his ROC being approved and later him naturalizing. Outside of (God forbid) either of you dying, this is the quickest way for the (never enforced) I-864 obligation to end.
  4. Maybe evidence of job search/apartment search? Do you have a joint sponsor or will your wife's income continue after your move to the US? The reason is not that important, in this case you just basically need to give them what they are asking for, I think.
  5. Bank account statements: 1 per quarter since marriage until present, I think you have a good reason, everyone makes mistakes, file a complete package ASAP and cross your fingers. Good luck & thank you for fighting COVID for all our sakes!
  6. If your spouse was not required to file taxes, then a simple letter stating this and the reason for it (e.g. annual income was under filing threshold) is usually also required. One sentence, signed & dated.
  7. declaring it is OK, but the answer to that question is "NO" so to that question you should have answered "NO", I am all for full disclosure but against incorrect answers. That said, I believe once you explain the situation, they'll most likely understand the reason for the mistake.
  8. I wish you good luck but lawyers are really only needed in complicated situations, like when a waiver is needed. In all other situations, they cannot do anything extra.
  9. Just FYI a lawyer cannot do anything more in your situation than what you can do.
  10. Of course she can't, they are heading for divorce, there is no basis plus OP said she withdrew the I-485 anyway.
  11. Canadian citizens don't need a B1/B2, they automatically get a 6 months visitor status at POE - normally.
  12. you encountered the Misinformation Line. Rule # 1 of the Misinformation Line: do not forget that it is aptly named....
  13. sorry to hear. The records pertain to yourself so you should have access to them, or alternatively you should be able to attain some sort of official document saying that no documents pertaining to the case remain. You cannot pretend there was no case. You need to explain to USCIS exactly what you told us here: that you only know the date etc, & "controlled substance", go to the courts & obtain a letter stating the documents are destroyed (or whatever the case is) and that it was a juvenile record. Show that to USCIS. Under no circumstance should you try to pretend the case did not exist & hope they don't find it. That won't work.
  14. How come neither you or your parents have any paperwork saved from this? I just find it strange, presumably you went to court, were you not given any paperwork? Or it just got thrown away?
  15. As soon as you have your divorce decree (if earlier than when your conditional card expires), you can file I-751 with a divorce waiver. If you have documentation that proves co-habitation & financial co-mingling during the marriage, you are likely to be approved & given a 10-year GC. You will need to wait 5 years (minus 3 months) from the date you got your first GC to be able to file for naturalization.
  • Create New...