Traveler101

Mom was sent back home at EU transfer airport

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Be aware that when they reissue (and it may not be until 2021, if it is deemed to be a “new” visa), she will need to redo the medical and the visa fee will have to be paid again. The green card fee should be ok for the new visa though.

Thanks. Yeah, I know that if it's a new visa then fees have to be paid and medical again. I just hope that smth positive can be done. I'm so bummed

I-485 Adjustment of Status

03/31/2014 I mailed applications to Chicago lockbox
04/02/2014 Package received by USCIS
04/10/2014 E-notification paperwork received
04/10/2014 Checks cashed
04/14/2014 Hard notice received in a mail
04/18/2014 Biometrics app letter received for 05/12/2014
04/24/2014 Walk-in biometrics done at Port Chester, NY office( no problems at all, very nice people)
04/29/2014 My status online changed to Request for evidence
05/03/2014 got RFE and now status is stuck on Request for evidence response review.
08/26/2014 Status changed to Testing and Interview
08/29/2014 Got an email update interview scheduled for October 1st and paper notice sent out
10/1/2014 HAd our interview at Hartford,CT office. wasnt approved on the spot. 10/3/2014 Got an update that status of I485 changed to Card Production. Then at night changed to Decision. I 130 Post decision activity
10/09/2014 Status changed to Card production We mailed you a new card. You'll receive within 30 days
10/09/2014 Got a tracking number. Estimated delivery 10/11/2014
10/11/2014 Green card in hand!
Whole process took 6 month( thanks to RFE) :)

I-751 Removal of Conditions

9/16/2016 Package sent to USCIS Vermont

9/22/2016 Check cashed

9/24/2016 Notice of Action in the mail dated 9/20/2016

10/2/2016 Received a letter for Biometrics for 10/19/2016

10/14/2016 Early walk-in for biometrics in Port Chester, NY again like last time no problems

Timeline
10 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

If she is under quarantine, she can't go to the consulate.

Then we'll try to make an appointment and come after 2 weeks.

04/10/2014 Checks cashed
04/24/2014 Walk-in biometrics done at Port Chester, NY office( no problems at all, very nice people)
05/03/2014 got RFE and now status is stuck on Request for evidence response review.
08/29/2014 Got an email update interview scheduled for October 1st and paper notice sent out
10/1/2014 HAd our interview at Hartford,CT office. wasnt approved on the spot. 10/3/2014 Got an update that status of I485 changed to Card Production. Then at night changed to Decision. I 130 Post decision activity
10/09/2014 Status changed to Card production We mailed you a new card. You'll receive within 30 days

9/22/2016 Check cashed

10/14/2016 Early walk-in for biometrics in Port Chester, NY again like last time no problems

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Traveler101 said:

Then we'll try to make an appointment and come after 2 weeks.

Why the hurry?  A new medical will expire in 6 months.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Why the hurry?  A new medical will expire in 6 months.

Hurry? I really don't know to ell you the truth. Hoping the earlier she gets to consulate the more chance she gets the visa. 🤷🏼‍♀️

04/10/2014 Checks cashed

9/22/2016 Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Traveler101 said:

Hurry? I really don't know to ell you the truth. Hoping the earlier she gets to consulate the more chance she gets the visa. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well, by order of the President of the United States, all IR-5 visas are suspended until the end of this year.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

It’s a costly mistake ... hopefully the IR5 category will be reopened .. but it’s long been an aspiration of the current president to remove the parent immigrant  visa completely ☹️

Not to get political, but, how do you know this is the President’s aspiration?  Did he say so when he signed the EO?  Has he said this all along?  Just curious as to when he aspired to this.  This will disappoint many that are trying to get their parents here. 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

Would USCIS make the connection via the A-number? I assume the DOS Case ID would change. https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

It’s not clear to me if the DoS case ID does change, as it’s the same case, but in any case the A number certainly won’t. This can be clarified at interview, anyway. The charges they need to duplicate are those directly related to issuing a new visa, they should not have to pay the fee again for a card whose production has not yet been triggered.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Mom was sent back home at EU transfer airport
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Not to get political, but, how do you know this is the President’s aspiration?  Did he say so when he signed the EO?  Has he said this all along?  Just curious as to when he aspired to this.  This will disappoint many that are trying to get their parents here. 🇺🇸

Over a year ago the current administration listed IR5 parent visas as ones that they considered contributed to “ chain migration” and should be removed as part of a move to “points based” visas.  Predated the COVID EO by a year or two. 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well... these are special days. All countries are battling a deadly epidemic. Surely you can't expect things to be just like before. It will be a miracle if we now return to a normal life like we knew before.

On top of the COVID deaths and everything going on politically now the USCIS will furlough 70% of its workforce. Around 13,000 USCIS employees will lose their jobs within a month or so.

I think you need to stay low with the matter of immigration right now until humanity can survive this, both biologically and financially. I don't think it's meant for any of us at this point...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration/u-s-agency-prepares-for-massive-staff-cuts-in-blow-to-legal-immigration-system-idUSKBN23V2XI

20 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Over a year ago the current administration listed IR5 parent visas as ones that they considered contributed to “ chain migration” and should be removed as part of a move to “points based” visas.  Predated the COVID EO by a year or two. 

Ok and? That proposal to bring our immigration system in line with other countries. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Ok and? That proposal to bring our immigration system in line with other countries. 

True, US travelers are now also banned from travelling to Europe too. This COVID situation just gets worse in the US to the point other countries think it's out of hand and won't allow US people to enter their countries either.

Edited by Detron

5 minutes ago, Detron said:

True, US travelers are now also banned from travelling to Europe too. This COVID situation just gets worse in the US to the point other countries think it's out of hand and won't allow US people to enter their countries either.

Well the two reasons for that but I won't make those here

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.