Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About EireneFaith

  • Rank
  • Member # 156530

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State
    South Carolina

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Local Office
  • Local Office
    Charleston SC
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you so much SusieQQQ. I will tell the stepdad because they don't know what to do.
  2. My friend is a single mother and the child's father is in the Philippines. He abandoned them since he was born. The US stepdad would like for the boy to change his surname into his.
  3. Thank you everyone for your advise. I will tell to my friend what I have learned from your comments and suggestions. Truly VJ is an Immigration journey that help everyone looking for an answer. See you again in my next visa journey. Take care.
  4. My friend came to US as fiancee visa together with her 3 year old son. So both of them got Conditional GC and after Removal of Condition got the 10 year GC. 6 years from the time they arrived US she filed for Naturalization.
  5. Hello VJ family My friend got Naturalized 2 weeks ago. She would like to apply for her US passport. I said she can apply also passport for her son who is 9 years old. She is confused if she will apply for her son's passport using her Certificate of Naturalization because the USCIS told her that when her son turned 15 years old he needs to have his own Certificate of Naturalization but as of now the son can apply for his passport under the mother's Certificate of Naturalization. I was also confused if there is such thing that when the child turns 15 years old he is required to get his own Certificate. Anybody heard about this?
  6. If you can convince him to attend and migrate to US and tell him he can go back home if he wants to stay in your country. And maybe when he is living here he might like it. Opportunity knocks at once. Lots of people are waiting to get their interview schedule.
  7. If you will receive a Conditional Green Card you can use all these documents when filing for the removal of condition I-751.
  8. There is no derivative beneficiary under IR-5. If your parents in law arrived in US and have their green card, they can file for the petition for their children as F2A category if they are below 21 when the petition got approved, but when the petition got approved and they are 21 above it will fall under F2B category that has 7 years of waiting for their Priority Date to be current. You are right Immigration seems to change on daily basis but better to file for the petition and let tomorrow worry itself. My friend has been here for 7 years and did not care to file for her son's petition and now he is over age. And when the son is above 21 she filed his petition and complaining that it took so long before his son's PD will be current. I asked her why she did not file for his petition while he is younger, she said she has no plan to stay in US but she changed her mind. I told her if you file his petition it is only money that you invested, but now she invested on his petition fee and invested on waiting for many years before his son can come her.
  9. Go for your scheduled ceremony but on the paper that you filled up that you need to submit on that day before the actual ceremony you need to answer the questionaires and mention about the reckless driving ticket. Wait if USCIS will allow you or not. If not ask them what you need to do, but if they allow you that is good for you. Be honest and maybe the USCIS will allow you to take your oath.
  10. Let her read the USCIS website regarding this 3 year rule so that instead of paying the Immigration lawyer she could use the money for Naturalization fee. Or suggest her to join the Visa Journey and learn from here.
  11. https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/naturalization-spouses-us-citizens Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you Have been a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) for at least 3 years Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
  12. Your husband can also update his Marital Status. By the way his Priority Date did not change but the category upgrade to F3 which means he needs to wait for 9 years more 😒
  13. It is the EO that we can't tell what will happen to our petition😟 but I am glad you received WL of your son. The F2B is much faster for your country so this is the right time to send an opt-out letter while waiting for the ban to be lifted . I wish the smooth processing of your son's petition.
  • Create New...