Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 minutes ago, INF said:

It sounds like permanent residents are not part of exception, which is nuts. It clearly states US citizen but does not include PR.

yeah permanent residents themselves are fine, but who they petitioning for right now seem to be part of the ban 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, INF said:

Any guesses on what this would do to the speed of the I-130?

Nothing noticeable 

YMMV

22 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Reading the proclamation I came across this: 

I assume this has to do with the temporary worker visas but would this also extend to the K-1 and B1/B2 visas? Would this affect the ESTA/VWP?

I cannot see him banning tourism so B1/B2 are safe. There are many non immigrant visas like TN1 and H1B visas he can ban if his goal truly is to protect the US citizen’s jobs.

44 minutes ago, TVC said:

Although not specifically mentioned, it seems the under 21yo stepchildren of US citizens aren't affected by this EO.

Did you ever file for a IR2 visa for your stepchild?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So if the embassy (London) opens back up on May 3rd as stated, and we are allowed to book our K-1 interview, does that mean K-1's are exempt?

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Timeline
Just now, J&S12 said:

So if the embassy (London) opens back up on May 3rd as stated, and we are allowed to book our K-1 interview, does that mean K-1's are exempt?

K1 are exempt 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Nothing noticeable 

I imagine since permanent residents’ spouses files are no longer processed it could potentially create a little faster process? 

Timeline
Just now, INF said:

I imagine since permanent residents’ spouses files are no longer processed it could potentially create a little faster process? 

The queue is so long, a 60 day pause will not be noticeable 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is no specific exemption for K-1 visa. The logical thought process is that is it non-immigrant visa, and therefore this EO doesn't apply to them, except at pretty much EVERY Embassy I've seen it is listed under "immigrant visa" category. And unlike CR-1/IR-1 there is no specific exemption carved out for it, so it might be very much for interpretation by DOS/COs. Guess it is more wait and see. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K1 is still confusing. The state depart web lists them as immigrant visas. 

Visa Categories

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Great post by not_an_immi_lawyer over on Reddit that really breaks it down clearly who is affected or not...

Who does this affect?

• Immigrants applying for a green card from an embassy abroad for the following immigrant categories:
    • DV
    • All EB except EB-5 and EB2 (NIW only)
    • F1, F2A, F2B, F3, F4
    • Parents of US citizens (but not spouse/child)

What does this NOT affect?

• Nonimmigrant visas of any kind (F-1, J-1, B, etc)
  • Nonimmigrant work visas (H, TN, etc)

Who does this NOT affect?

• Anyone who's in the US at the date of the order, i.e. including existing Adjustment of Status applicants
  • Anyone who already has a valid immigrant visa
  • Anyone entering to work in healthcare/medical research, and their spouse/children
  • EB-5 and EB2 (NIW only)
  • Spouse and minor (under 21) child of USC

The big question mark will be K-1 visa's.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Even if K1 is considered immigrant, someone that has a K1 visa in hand along with their sealed travel packet, they would also be exempt because the visa has already been issued, under Sec 2.ii, right? How does Sec 2.iii apply to K1 holders?

Just now, KP23 said:

Even if K1 is considered immigrant, someone that has a K1 visa in hand along with their sealed travel packet, they would also be exempt because the visa has already been issued, under Sec 2.ii, right? How does Sec 2.iii apply to K1 holders?

Yes, if you already have a valid visa, you are fine.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Timeline
11 minutes ago, givionte said:

Great post by not_an_immi_lawyer over on Reddit that really breaks it down clearly who is affected or not...

The big question mark will be K-1 visa's.

Why?  Even in the lawyer's recap it is stated nonimmigrant visas of ANY kind are not effected.  A k1 is clearly a nonimmigrant Visa 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.