Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, geowrian said:

K-1 is non-immigrant.

I don't want to say 100% is won't be covered by this, but I do not see anything suggesting it is. I would expect K-1s to continue as normal (as normal as anything is right now).

I'm outside the US waiting for the airport to open...have a valid immigrant visa.... would this EO affect me..?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi guys , 

so , I married to a USC , we are both currently living in France .

i received my IR1 visa back in March so question

are we ok ?
with the ban on Schengen area , are we gonna be allow ?

we would like to leave as soon as the French lockdown is finish ( may 11th) 

if I remember ( please correct me if I am wrong ) the travel ban exempts usc and their spouse too ? 

thanks for any answer 🙏😊

Correct - you can enter just fine. Lucky you!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, epixx said:

I have a valid F41 visa which expires in June set to travel to the u.s. in a few weeks but I am not a nurse, doctor or healthcare professional. Does that mean i am not eligible?

Valid Visa = You are ok. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

May I ask if this will exclude any tipe of family members of active duty members? 
Or only spouses and children? 
In my case I’m a fiancée, and I’m trying to understand it. 

Edited by Reyess

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Fiance (K-1) should not be impacted at all.

That’s really good news indeed, I’m just wondering because considering how the order can be modified we never know. 

Anyone have any clue about L1B extensions? He is here now and his initial 3 years is up in the middle of October. Just trying to figure out if we need to get married sooner rather than later and start the AOS process or put it off like we planned until later in the year. 

Just now, payxibka said:

To add clarity, geowrian's statement should have read:

As of today,  K1s should not be impacted at all

Correct. 👍 Who knows what will come tomorrow. All information is believed accurate as of the date posted only.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

In my opinion, K-1s are gonna be affected because they're a tricky Non-Immigrant visa because you do have the intent of immigrating. I think they're gonna delay the issue of k1s. But I could be wrong.

Reading the proclamation I came across this: 

Sec. 6.  Additional Measures.  Within 30 days of the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Labor and the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, shall review nonimmigrant programs and shall recommend to me other measures appropriate to stimulate the United States economy and ensure the prioritization, hiring, and employment of United States workers.

I assume this has to do with the temporary worker visas but would this also extend to the K-1 and B1/B2 visas? Would this affect the ESTA/VWP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.