Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

(ii)    any alien seeking to enter the United States on an immigrant visa as a physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees;  and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien;

I have a question on this specific part, if anyone can help me understand. I am LPR sponsoring my husband (F2A Category, not excempt from ban), who is a health care worker (Clinical Lab Scientist, also has B-Pharm). Is it worth inquiring about an exemption so he can work here since health care workers are desperately needed? If yes, who would we inquire with? (We're at NVC stage)

7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I have a question on this specific part, if anyone can help me understand. I am LPR sponsoring my husband (F2A Category, not excempt from ban), who is a health care worker (Clinical Lab Scientist, also has B-Pharm). Is it worth inquiring about an exemption so he can work here since health care workers are desperately needed? If yes, who would we inquire with? (We're at NVC stage)

The EO says "Sec3.  Implementation and Enforcement.  (a)  The consular officer shall determine, in his or her discretion, whether an immigrant has established his or her eligibility for an exception in section 2(b) of this proclamation."

So it sounds like the means to address it is via the CO at the interview. Although personally I would inquire beforehand (with the consulate) and bring evidence that they would fall under it to the interview as well.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

The EO says "Sec3.  Implementation and Enforcement.  (a)  The consular officer shall determine, in his or her discretion, whether an immigrant has established his or her eligibility for an exception in section 2(b) of this proclamation."

So it sounds like the means to address it is via the CO at the interview. Although personally I would inquire beforehand (with the consulate) and bring evidence that they would fall under it to the interview as well.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

So this would technically mean anyone with a K1 visa is still going to be able to enter the USA and that this ban does not apply because is a non-inmigrant visa-? I hope this is true and makes sense. 

Timeline
Just now, TVC said:

Although not specifically mentioned, it seems the under 21yo stepchildren of US citizens aren't affected by this EO.

I saw your post in the other thread but then it refreshed and I couldn't find it anymore lol. I do believe it makes sense that your case is not affected. A 6yo won't steal any American any job. But I am only guessing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys , 

so , I married to a USC , we are both currently living in France .

i received my IR1 visa back in March so question

are we ok ?
with the ban on Schengen area , are we gonna be allow ?

we would like to leave as soon as the French lockdown is finish ( may 11th) 

if I remember ( please correct me if I am wrong ) the travel ban exempts usc and their spouse too ? 

thanks for any answer 🙏😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.