Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Thanks. I'm one of the banned people. My husband is in Houston and I'm in Toronto having just filed the I-130 application in January. From the NYT article, it sounds like they won't process my application at all now. If it's suspended for a few weeks, fine. If all of us foreign resident spouses who are in the application process for I-130s are going to be denied simply because of an executive order, where do we end up? I know we have to wait until the morning, but this is just...

My K1 was delayed 8 months because of DACA (and was only approved with an expedite request because my mother was ill) so if it's not this it could be something else, delays are historically part of this whole process.  This will pass and everything will work out for you, just be patient which I know is hard.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are literally sending off the AOS application this week. My husband came down to visit while he was waiting for his visa interview then everything kicked off. So we decided to go the AOS route instead. Are we now screwed because we haven’t sent the paperwork in yet?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, stephanie918 said:

what about those that have the green card issued but aren't physically IN the US yet?

thats a good question. I assume if you already have a green card you are a permanent resident so you shouldnt denied. I know some friends who are currently visiting family overseas with greencards and before this, checked and said they can come back because citizens and perm residents are allowed entry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

As is his MO.  And later WH counsel, Constitution scholars and his handlers will explain to him the limits of his office, once again.  

The Supreme Court already ruled he has basically free reign when it comes to immigration restrictions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_v._Hawaii#Opinion_of_the_Court

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, RCable said:

We are literally sending off the AOS application this week. My husband came down to visit while he was waiting for his visa interview then everything kicked off. So we decided to go the AOS route instead. Are we now screwed because we haven’t sent the paperwork in yet?

I think we all need to take a deep breath and wait. Who knows what this means. It may just be no forgeiners allowed into the country who are not already here... does not necessarily mean applications will not be processed... necessarily at least based one one late night tweet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Just now, RCable said:

We don't know. But the executive order hasn't been issued yet. I'd try to send in the AoS application tomorrow just in case the order says "No processing of AoS submitted after April 21"

2 minutes ago, RCable said:

Can you send it first thing tomorrow?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Can you send it first thing tomorrow?

agreed, I would bet like many of his other proposals, it will be "effective on this date unless you have an application postmarked ___". AKA send it in before he signs this 

Just now, laylalex said:

And this is why elections have consequences. 

I don't like Biden very much but he's getting a donation from me tonight.

me neither, He seems to be most people's 5th choice but this really put it into perspective for me tonight 

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

People often ask my husband why he would ever leave NZ......    

Yes :( I keep questioning myself why move to the US when we were so well off there. My husband is there and I have not seen him in nearly 5 months. After we got married, we were only together for 4 days. I thought while living there about the things I missed in the US, and now that I am here, I miss NZ so much more. I feel like leaving was a mistake. 

Edited by B&ANZ
typo

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.