dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

When I submit civil documents for the beneficiary- do I combine the translation into a single PDF with that document?

For example, the birth certificate in native language in one pdf with the translation? If so, should the English translation be the first page of the PDF?

Or are they uploaded as separate documents?

Translations are uploaded in the same PDF as the original, I’m not sure if they care about a specific order, we put the original first though, English translation second and it was accepted

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

2 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Translations are uploaded in the same PDF as the original, I’m not sure if they care about a specific order, we put the original first though, English translation second and it was accepted

Hello!  Did you submit a letter of domicile.  If so, did you put supporting documents in the same pdf or was each supporting document in a separate pdf?  Thanks!  

Timeline
24 minutes ago, aabd1987 said:

Hello!  Did you submit a letter of domicile.  If so, did you put supporting documents in the same pdf or was each supporting document in a separate pdf?  Thanks!  

Sorry, I am already living and domiciled in the US so I did not submit proof of domicile other than my joint sponsor’s drivers license, so I’m not sure how you would have to upload multiple pieces of evidence :( 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Just now, LilyJ said:

Sorry, I am already living and domiciled in the US so I did not submit proof of domicile other than my joint sponsor’s drivers license, so I’m not sure how you would have to upload multiple pieces of evidence :( 

Thank you for responding!  I'll probably upload one with letter and everything else together and then letter by itself and each supporting document alone too.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, aabd1987 said:

Hello everyone!  For those of you that submitted domicile letters with supporting documents, did you upload the supporting documents separate from the domicile letter, or as one pdf?  Thanks

We did as one pdf. Letter and all supporting documents for domicile in one pdf. We submitted Jan 20th, still waiting for DQ

Just now, Jennie & Joe said:

We did as one pdf. Letter and all supporting documents for domicile in one pdf. We submitted Jan 20th, still waiting for DQ

Thanks for the reply!  I hope you get DQ very soon!!!  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Caresse33 said:

I am super happy and excited today , I just received the DQ email. All my documents were accepted. I submitted on 17th February 2019 and got DQ on 3rd February 2020. Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No RFE, as I was panicking every second. I resubmitted a lot documents as I was scared that I will receive an RFE. I even rotated some of my files on Saturday and resubmitted just in case coz I was nervous. But God is good and I got DQ anyway, I was not move into the back of queue. If u feel that you need to modify something it’s best to do it then get a RFE. I pray for all those waiting for DQ email, I am with all of you and hope you received all your email this month. Thank you for the advices and support I received on this thread. You VJ family are the real deal. ❤️

Sorry i meant i submitted on 17th December 2019

Congrats!! Wow we sent our second submission one day after you, Dec 18, here’s to hoping we’re next 🙏🏻

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Just now, LilyJ said:

Congrats!! Wow we sent our second submission one day after you, Dec 18, here’s to hoping we’re next 🙏🏻

Yeah you should hear something soon 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Caresse33 said:

I am super happy and excited today , I just received the DQ email. All my documents were accepted. I submitted on 17th February 2019 and got DQ on 3rd February 2020. Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No RFE, as I was panicking every second. I resubmitted a lot documents as I was scared that I will receive an RFE. I even rotated some of my files on Saturday and resubmitted just in case coz I was nervous. But God is good and I got DQ anyway, I was not move into the back of queue. If u feel that you need to modify something it’s best to do it then get a RFE. I pray for all those waiting for DQ email, I am with all of you and hope you received all your email this month. Thank you for the advices and support I received on this thread. You VJ family are the real deal. ❤️

Yaayy!!!! Congratulations

3 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Congrats! What country are you? I resubmitted mine on December 31st, still waiting and that was my third submission :( I'm hoping I'll get a good news this month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.