dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Uiyl said:

Ah okay, in that case they should be able to understand the mistake. Go ahead with the amendment and if they ask show you have taken appropriate steps to correct the mistake. 

I hope they will trust me because at the time of the interview I will probably not have to amendment yet .. we asked to H&R Block to write a statement saying they messed up the tax but they still didn’t answer .. 

2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Exactly. Don't change anything for your Embassy appointment, and show proofs that you are expecting that amendments.

I would also insist with the IRS, saying that you have an appointment with the Embassy, that it is hard to change it etc. and that you need some kind of documents that shows you are in good faith.

i will not change anything but it’s gonna be complicate for me to show any proof of my good faith if at the time of the interview I have just the wrong tax form and no amendment or proof that the company who made the mistake try to fix it . Because it’s up to them to do the amendment as they did the mistake and not us . They say that they are taking care of it but I am not that sure ..

For IRS my husband already called them many times and they said that it’s to H&R Block to take the disposition to fix it ..

it’s line at each time we think that we are finally ok .. something come to say « nope buddy , try again ! » 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I hope they will trust me because at the time of the interview I will probably not have to amendment yet .. we asked to H&R Block to write a statement saying they messed up the tax but they still didn’t answer .. 

i will not change anything but it’s gonna be complicate for me to show any proof of my good faith if at the time of the interview I have just the wrong tax form and no amendment or proof that the company who made the mistake try to fix it . Because it’s up to them to do the amendment as they did the mistake and not us . They say that they are taking care of it but I am not that sure ..

For IRS my husband already called them many times and they said that it’s to H&R Block to take the disposition to fix it ..

it’s line at each time we think that we are finally ok .. something come to say « nope buddy , try again ! » 

I was thinking if I have no amendment or letter from H&R I have all the emails that my husband send to them and their answers saying that they did a mistake and that they gonna fix it . 
could it work ? 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

If the petitioner has been married earlier, does he/she need to upload a divorce decree at NVC? We have already submitted it to USCIS with the I-130>

Hey Jon&Ygritte,

Yes, you have to upload the petitioner's dissolution of marriage. In my case, my husband (US Citizen) and I are both divorced and we had to upload both certificates.

Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
14 hours ago, Shellbiz said:

Honestly am as confused as you too am waiting to be DQ then iL to follow been said all day, lost my appetite 

I cannot imagine it would affect people who have already been DQ.

It is probably for those starting the process at USCIS.

Have you tried to call them (NVC and the Embassy)?

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I was thinking if I have no amendment or letter from H&R I have all the emails that my husband send to them and their answers saying that they did a mistake and that they gonna fix it . 
could it work ? 

Bring everything you have. Remember, for a lot of interview we read reviews about, they don't even look on the file filers bring (because they trust their colleagues back at NVC have done most of the job)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Bring everything you have. Remember, for a lot of interview we read reviews about, they don't even look on the file filers bring (because they trust their colleagues back at NVC have done most of the job)

I will , trust me ( I already have an « accordeon » folder full lol ) . 
yes you are right . It’s just that when they reviewed me and denied me on 01/21 they said that we will have to show that my husband has enough income . ( they didn’t look at his VA income for sure and just looked his tax transcript ) 
then on the 01/23 they approved everything so .. 

i am maybe worrying for nothing but after such a long wait I don’t want to loose my chance 🍀 

let’s pray they trust their collègues the day of my interview 🤞🤞. ( still waiting on my IL) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

i am maybe worrying for nothing but after such a long wait I don’t want to loose my chance 🍀 

let’s pray they trust their collègues the day of my interview 🤞🤞. ( still waiting on my IL) 

Ow no, I think most of us here understand you. You get totally paranoïd with this process.

:)

On 2/1/2020 at 7:15 PM, Sinka13 said:

Wow I've started in November NVC Filers, it is frustrating how long it takes to get through this process. Let's hope NVC workers are finally done with holidays and ready to work hard with all pending documents :)

If it helps, I'm also in the same boat as you, still waiting and waiting to get DQ'd. I think the hardest part of this process for me is that I sometimes wonder if they even have my papers in queue. I let my mind wander off sometimes and think that my submission got lost in the shuffle, never to be seen again. 😂

But let's keep sane and hold out hope for each other and our VJ family, yeah? 😀

As an aside, let's spare a thought and prayer (if you're religious) for our VJ family out in China. Hopefully the virus problem goes away real quick and doesn't delay their own applications because of it. 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, vinzer said:

If it helps, I'm also in the same boat as you, still waiting and waiting to get DQ'd. I think the hardest part of this process for me is that I sometimes wonder if they even have my papers in queue. I let my mind wander off sometimes and think that my submission got lost in the shuffle, never to be seen again. 😂

But let's keep sane and hold out hope for each other and our VJ family, yeah? 😀

As an aside, let's spare a thought and prayer (if you're religious) for our VJ family out in China. Hopefully the virus problem goes away real quick and doesn't delay their own applications because of it. 🙏

Yes, I keep checking if I really submitted all the documents or did I forget to click the button all the time. It's just this uncertainty about moving to another country what makes process the worst. Hard to plan quitting job and etc if you don't know when you are going to leave lol 

Hopefully the vaccine will be developed and things get better soon.

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

20 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I cannot imagine it would affect people who have already been DQ.

It is probably for those starting the process at USCIS.

Have you tried to call them (NVC and the Embassy)?

Sadly I think it affects everyone who hasn't received an immigrant visa by the time it takes affect. I'm not from any of those countries so I've not read too much into it, but from what I've seen on FB groups, other forums and from the wording used in the DHS page linked below, it will affect anyone who hasn't got a visa before February 21st.

If I am wrong please correct me as like I said, I've not read a lot on it. I really do hope I am wrong.

"The Proclamation applies to intending immigrants abroad who have not yet received an immigrant visa. Intending immigrants abroad who have a valid visa, but have not yet entered the United States, may still do so—so long as they meet all other conditions of admissibility under the Immigration and Nationality Act."

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/01/31/2020-travelvisa-restrictions?fbclid=IwAR3A5erDNJs9gMOFP2LzHKlaOFUbOM_OYPoeSrqlSQ4n-kCJ4qxyyCbCGkg

Edited by hannahjsf

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Timeline
19 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

I really do hope I am wrong.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Very hard news for those concerned :(

On 2/2/2020 at 12:19 AM, Iscir said:

if you mean the passport pictures, then i scanned one passport size picture, and then on my computer edited the scan so it would be 2x2 inches, 1200x1200 pixels, and size less than 240 kB, following this instructions --> https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/digital-image-requirements.html 

Hello!  Yes.  I went to a photographer who took pictures of my husband passport style.  Thank you so much!  I'm going to scan them, but should they be scanned as one pdf or one page or two?  I'll look at the link you provided.  Thank you again!  

Hello everyone!  For those of you that submitted domicile letters with supporting documents, did you upload the supporting documents separate from the domicile letter, or as one pdf?  Thanks!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.