dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thank you very much 🙏🍀

i feel relieved right now because I was so worried . 
yes my husband is still « working » with H&R Block as it’s their mistake they are fixing it . 
he wants IRS to have an accurate report 

But I am curious as to why do we need 2019 tax return? Thought 2018 tax return or receipt would suffice. Could you please enlighten me? Also, a quick question for you and @LiliJ, I think submitting a tax return filed single might harm our endeavor to  proof  bona-fide marriage as the main purpose of the visa interview is to show that ..what are your thoughts on this? At least that is what our lawyer said.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
8 hours ago, aabd1987 said:

Hello everyone!  When we submit the pictures, should we scan two pictures next to each other (the head shot with the white background), or only one, or should we do two, one on each page?  

49 minutes ago, Nnmm193 said:

Was just about to ask the same question, what is the format for the photos when uploading?

I know they want 2 photos.

if you mean the passport pictures, then i scanned one passport size picture, and then on my computer edited the scan so it would be 2x2 inches, 1200x1200 pixels, and size less than 240 kB, following this instructions --> https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/digital-image-requirements.html 

Edited by Iscir

9 hours ago, aabd1987 said:

Hello everyone!  When we submit the pictures, should we scan two pictures next to each other (the head shot with the white background), or only one, or should we do two, one on each page?  

We uploaded 1 passport style jpeg.. it was accepted.. they can make 100 copies as they please.. if your uploading it as a PDF, then I’d do two next to each other

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Uiyl said:

But I am curious as to why do we need 2019 tax return? Thought 2018 tax return or receipt would suffice. Could you please enlighten me? Also, a quick question for you and @LiliJ, I think submitting a tax return filed single might harm our endeavor to  proof  bona-fide marriage as the main purpose of the visa interview is to show that ..what are your thoughts on this? At least that is what our lawyer said.. 

it’s just « just in case » as it’s the tax season . 
yes filling single can be a real problem but in my case it’s a mistake from the tax preparer . 
my husband said « married filling separately » so they gonna do an amendment . 
2 last years are « married filing separately «  

2 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

yes filling single can be a real problem but in my case it’s a mistake from the tax preparer . 

Can I ask what is the correct way to file w2 for 2019 please? My husband is u.s. citizen petioner and I am alien spouse for IR1 waiting for documents to be qualified.

Timeline
1 minute ago, PSB said:

Can I ask what is the correct way to file w2 for 2019 please? My husband is u.s. citizen petioner and I am alien spouse for IR1 waiting for documents to be qualified.

He can call IRS for more accurate info but as Married  to you and you waiting on your visa he have to fill « married filling separately » 

VJ’s family , if I am wrong please correct me . 

1 hour ago, Iscir said:

if you mean the passport pictures, then i scanned one passport size picture, and then on my computer edited the scan so it would be 2x2 inches, 1200x1200 pixels, and size less than 240 kB, following this instructions --> https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/digital-image-requirements.html 

29 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

We uploaded 1 passport style jpeg.. it was accepted.. they can make 100 copies as they please.. if your uploading it as a PDF, then I’d do two next to each other

Thanks alot - Appreciate your answers 

4 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

He can call IRS for more accurate info but as Married  to you and you waiting on your visa he have to fill « married filling separately » 

VJ’s family , if I am wrong please correct me . 

I’m with you on this one.. global incomes etc to be taken into account if filing joint..

far easier to file mfs until after spouse spouse arrives in USA 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Angel4love said:

Nigerians have been banned from applying for immigrant visa. 

I was awaiting an appointment with the embassy now this.

So sad. What do I do? Its effective 21st February 2020

Honestly am as confused as you too am waiting to be DQ then iL to follow been said all day, lost my appetite 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
19 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I probably won't have all the papers at the time of the interview due to their mistake.  has anyone ever had this problem.  ?

Hello MrsT,

I cannot help you I have no idea, but I empathize with you 2. Jeeeeze! :( not okay.

There must be a quick way to get that amendment.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
1 hour ago, Z&W said:

Got DQ after 8 weeks of submission. Document submission date Dec 5, 2019..

🤩 That's great! You are now allowed to breath normally... 😉

Enjoy and let us know for your itw at the Embassy.

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello MrsT,

I cannot help you I have no idea, but I empathize with you 2. Jeeeeze! :( not okay.

There must be a quick way to get that amendment.

hello Alix ,

It’s always the same things . We have to wait weeks for everything everywhere .. 

now H&R Block say that the form 1040 for amendment is still not released by IRS and then it can take weeks .. 

so let’s pray for everything to be ok at the time of the interview 🙏

still waiting on IL but pretty sure we will not have amendment at the right time .. 

tired .. 

12 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Ah okay, in that case they should be able to understand the mistake. Go ahead with the amendment and if they ask show you have taken appropriate steps to correct the mistake. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Uiyl said:

Ah okay, in that case they should be able to understand the mistake. Go ahead with the amendment and if they ask show you have taken appropriate steps to correct the mistake. 

Exactly. Don't change anything for your Embassy appointment, and show proofs that you are expecting that amendments.

I would also insist with the IRS, saying that you have an appointment with the Embassy, that it is hard to change it etc. and that you need some kind of documents that shows you are in good faith.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.