dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I am just waiting for the payment status to let us start filling in the DS260 and Affidavit.

I am curious, since we can upload documents, does that mean there are no documents to mail to the NVC?

Lastly, Will they let us know in the letter when we should start making the medical appointment?

Many thanks for your continued support VJ Members ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

So I am just waiting for the payment status to let us start filling in the DS260 and Affidavit.

I am curious, since we can upload documents, does that mean there are no documents to mail to the NVC?

Lastly, Will they let us know in the letter when we should start making the medical appointment?

Many thanks for your continued support VJ Members ❤️

I don´t think you mail anything to NVC. It´s all online so you attach the documents on their website. Be sure to read the instructions, when you get them.

I´m also waiting for payment to go through - looks like we have a similar timeframe... Good luck!

Edited by Hilde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Should the employment letter state anything specific? Like the sallary amount?

I only see this on the NVC website:

• Includes your name and the company’s name;
  • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
  • Is issued within the last three months.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:30 PM, Mr & Mrs T said:

He can call IRS for more accurate info but as Married  to you and you waiting on your visa he have to fill « married filling separately » 

VJ’s family , if I am wrong please correct me . 

My husband is adamant that he should file as single, as I'm a non-resident alien. He based this on information from the IRS. Hopefully that's ok, as we've no time to go back to H&R Block. We've lived together since 2015 and have join accounts in both countries so hopefully that suffices for evidence of a bona fide marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Yes.  The purpose is to show evidence of income.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hilde said:

I had my employer issue an employment verification- on company letterhead- that stated I'm currently working for XX, since XX and am currently making $XXannually. Signed by the director of HR. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, RPC said:

My husband is adamant that he should file as single, as I'm a non-resident alien. He based this on information from the IRS. Hopefully that's ok, as we've no time to go back to H&R Block. We've lived together since 2015 and have join accounts in both countries so hopefully that suffices for evidence of a bona fide marriage.

You have to file married but filing separately like @Mr & Mrs T said. 

Hello everyone!  For those of you that submitted domicile letters with supporting documents, did you upload the supporting documents separate from the domicile letter, or as one pdf?  Thanks!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
22 minutes ago, RPC said:

Not accurate.. he must file either married filing separately (he prints the forms and writes “NRA” where your ssn would usually go) and mails the forms or applies for an ITIN for you and files married filing jointly, or head of household if he qualifies. He cannot legally file as single while married...

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

10 minutes ago, MWhite said:

You have to file married but filing separately like @Mr & Mrs T said. 

That's what I though however the IRS says the following;

"If your spouse was a nonresident alien for any part of the year and you are not treating him as a resident alien, the IRS considers you unmarried"

This to me would imply you can file as single. Either way, he has filed for 2019 and we'll not have them rectified in the next few weeks.

8 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Not accurate.. he must file either married filing separately (he prints the forms and writes “NRA” where your ssn would usually go) and mails the forms or applies for an ITIN for you and files married filing jointly, or head of household if he qualifies. He cannot legally file as single while married...

I was under the impression that this was the case. Do you have a link to where the IRS say's this? That may help me convice him, as he keeps pointing me to the quote from IRS i mentioned above.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

we unfortunately got an RFE in our DQ,  The birth certificate we submitted is written in both English and original language in same page and that is what they( the local authorities of Nepal) provides to everybody.  I am trying to call them and see if i can talk to supervisor. submitted date to NVC Dec 4.  Its  will be 2 years in Feb 15 since i file the I130. This is so frustrating. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
39 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Just to add to this, if it helps.

My husbands work/tax page has it set under [Withholding] Description - Martial status: Married but withhold at higher single rate.

If any of that terminology helps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

When I submit civil documents for the beneficiary- do I combine the translation into a single PDF with that document?

For example, the birth certificate in native language in one pdf with the translation? If so, should the English translation be the first page of the PDF?

Or are they uploaded as separate documents?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.