Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

For what it's worth I got the hard copy interview notice in the mail today for a scheduled interview on 4/17/2020. I fully expect this to be cancelled at some point before the interview date. Back to the drawing board I guess!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Interview coming up soon (April 7). No cancellation received yet, I am still thinking whether I should proceed with the Physical exam (the i-693 form) as it is on the list of requirement to bring  (I am paranoid about covid) or just go with the interview without it and see if I will be given an RFE 

Whats the general consensus on this? 

Green cards arrived in the mail today.

Last week, we had our interview, on the 12th, next day, USCIS app said the card was being produced.

Next day the app said the case was approved.

18 months from initial K-1 application to green card. Not so bad in the scheme of things. 

I checked the box to automatically apply for social security number. Does anyone how how that process works?

3 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

Interview coming up soon (April 7). No cancellation received yet, I am still thinking whether I should proceed with the Physical exam (the i-693 form) as it is on the list of requirement to bring  (I am paranoid about covid) or just go with the interview without it and see if I will be given an RFE 

Whats the general consensus on this? 

You did  not include form DS3025, the medical you took in your country before you left? If not you will need a 693. Did you not take ALL the shots you needed before you left, if not yes you'll need 693.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

You did  not include form DS3025, the medical you took in your country before you left? If not you will need a 693. Did you not take ALL the shots you needed before you left, if not yes you'll need 693.

Oh I included the form DS3025 on my AOS application. Doesn't the medical from my home country expire in a year?

Also I did not receive any courtesy letter to take the medical.

Edited by wasp8898

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, wasp8898 said:

Oh I included the form DS3025 on my AOS application. Doesn't the medical from my home country expire in a year?

Read the instructions again. What matters is the day you filed for AOS. This day can't be more than 1 year apart from the medical day.

5 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Read the instructions again. What matters is the day you filed for AOS. This day can't be more than 1 year apart from the medical day.

That's correct!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, wxman22 said:

I checked the box to automatically apply for social security number. Does anyone how how that process works?

my husband checked that box too and ended up having to go to the local office and get it mailed to him. We waited about a week to see if it was going to be mailed to us automatically but it wasn't. Took about a week to get it after we went to the office. 

We got the GC in the mail last week, but now with the Social Security offices closed, we are still SOL.

Could be worse. 

Thanks all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Guys ,

Our status changed to RFE on March 19th, the notice still has not arrived in the mail, is there a number to call to at least know the documents they need so we can send it quickly without waiting for the notice?  Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
48 minutes ago, GreenLt said:

Hello Guys ,

Our status changed to RFE on March 19th, the notice still has not arrived in the mail, is there a number to call to at least know the documents they need so we can send it quickly without waiting for the notice?  Thanks.

You'll have to wait. They won't tell you over the phone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.