Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, waysoftheshadow said:

Do you mind telling us what all he said regarding ROC? My husband wasn't verbally approved at the interview so our officer never told us anything about it. 

He kind of told us that the approval rate for ROC is only at 50% so we want to make sure that we have really good evidence of co-mingling.

Some of the stuff that he pointed as crucial are:

1) File for I-751 (ROC) 90 days before the expiration date on the greencard. He told us to check the expiration on it and count 3 months. He said not to do it too early and not too late either. I can use the timestamp on my application as a basis of whether I filed too early or too late.

2) Once we received the receipt letter, we have to go online and make an appointment. He wasn't sure if it's infomod or infopass.

3) He said that ROC takes a year so before I get approval, my greencard will probably be expired so for me to continue to be documented, we will have to make the appointment that I mentioned above with my passport, receipt letter and greencard so I can get a stamp.

4) He said that tax transcripts are always the best documents from irs.gov We will need 3 years of it.

5) Some of the strongest evidence of co-mingling are the following:

• Mortgage or house deed in both our names
  • Bank statements, debit cards (this has to be 6 months statements showing activities such as purchases, utility payments, our salaries going in the same account, etc.)
  • Insurance in both our names: health, auto, life
  • He also suggested putting me on the car titles
  • He also said that if made major purchases to always put our names together
  • Pictures of us together over the years with friends and families pasted on a paper so take can take it and put it in our file.

I was kind of bummed out about having to change our financial strategy at the moment and he said that we can just do it for this process and then after that, we can do whatever we want.

Hope this helps!

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Hi guys. Just an update. My case didn’t move since my fingerprints were taken last October. It was immediately reflected on my AOS and EAD application but not on my AP Application. But today I received a notification that it was only now that they have tag my fingerprints to my AP application. Is this normal? Has anyone here experienced the same thing?

13 minutes ago, Anne Singalong said:

Hi guys. Just an update. My case didn’t move since my fingerprints were taken last October. It was immediately reflected on my AOS and EAD application but not on my AP Application. But today I received a notification that it was only now that they have tag my fingerprints to my AP application. Is this normal? Has anyone here experienced the same thing?

yes - many posts about this in this thread and other filer threads here.  no one can really figure it out.  

18 minutes ago, Anne Singalong said:

Out of many whom experienced this, did significant movements happened to your cases afterwards?

2 hours ago, Anne Singalong said:

Out of many whom experienced this, did significant movements happened to your cases afterwards?

You just  have to relax. I experienced this too. No significant movements and I'm waiting also. Please update your timeline.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Well, after 168 days we got the very welcome news that my wife's EAD was approved today.  We are thrilled about it.  

But I must say I feel badly celebrating too much on here given that people are waiting, especially @Sarge2155who has been just about the most helpful person I have ever seen to the community on this forum!  I can only hope that he and the others waiting from September are going to be approved very soon.  I am sure that will be the case.

9 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

Well, after 168 days we got the very welcome news that my wife's EAD was approved today.  We are thrilled about it.  

But I must say I feel badly celebrating too much on here given that people are waiting, especially @Sarge2155who has been just about the most helpful person I have ever seen to the community on this forum!  I can only hope that he and the others waiting from September are going to be approved very soon.  I am sure that will be the case.

Congratulations, I'm  sure you'll put your other half to work now!!!!😀

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/2/2020 at 9:53 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Thank you!  Approval notices 2/24-2/25 and in the mail 2/29. Actual card mailed notification 2/27 and in the mail 3/2. 

Hi - Congrats again on receiving the card! Would you mind letting me know if you received a tracking number with your status update? I’m currently at “Card Was Mailed to Me” but no tracking number.

AOS Timeline: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Priority Date: 9 December 2019

Field Office: Newark, NJ

-24 days.....11/15/2019 — AOS package delivered to USCIS Lockbox
-12 days.....11/27/2019 — AOS package rejected due to incorrect fee
-06 days.....12/03/2019 — AOS package re-sent to Chicago USCIS Lockbox
00 days......12/09/2019 — AOS package accepted at Chicago USCIS Lockbox
07 days......12/16/2019 — Credit card transactions processed
08 days......12/17/2019 — I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 text messages received @midnight
11 days......12/20/2019 — I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA letters received
21 days......12/30/2019 — Biometrics Letter received
29 days......01/07/2020 — Biometrics Appointment (Elizabeth, NJ ASC)

51 days......01/29/2020 — Case Status Updated to show fingerprints were taken for I-485 + I-765
60 days......02/07/2020 — Courtesy Letter Re: I-693 Received in Mail

63 days......02/10/2020 — I-485 Case Status updated to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

85 days......03/03/2020 — I-765 status updated to “New Card is Being Produced”

86 days......03/04/2020 — I-765 & I-131 status updated to "Case was Approved"

88 days......03/06/2020 — I-765 status updates to “Card Was Mailed to Me”

120 days....04/07/2020 — I-131 status updated to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

430 days....02/11/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to “Interview Was Scheduled"

476 days....03/29/2021 — Interview at Newark Field Office

477 days....03/30/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

478 days....03/31/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "Case Was Approved"

480 days....04/02/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

47 minutes ago, Anne Singalong said:

I admire your patience! I wish i had yours hehe.

It's  not easy trust me, but what else can you do! Just go with the flow....

Citizenship Complete!

3 hours ago, Sara + Kevin said:

Hi - Congrats again on receiving the card! Would you mind letting me know if you received a tracking number with your status update? I’m currently at “Card Was Mailed to Me” but no tracking number.

Thank you!  I did not see a tracking number on the app, text, or e-mail, but I didn't look for it either.  I just waited.  Did you search the USCIS website once you log in to see if it has one in the case?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thank you!  I did not see a tracking number on the app, text, or e-mail, but I didn't look for it either.  I just waited.  Did you search the USCIS website once you log in to see if it has one in the case?

If you signed up for informed delivery with the post office it will pop up there once they get it. 

My I-485 status changed to "card was mailed to me" on March 5th.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.