Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2020 at 11:44 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Well I was not going to post this as it could be a HUGE error, but I decided to post anyway as it serves to give other VJers information and also something to perhaps look out for if you are in the same boat as us. My AOS interview was scheduled for April 17th and due to the virus situation it was cancelled as I expected. My status changed back to case ready for interview on April 1st. Enter today April 3rd I get a text from USCIS get this..... that a new card is being produced for the I-485 form (GC)!!!!!!!!

No interview no advance warning no nothing. I immediately logged on to my account at USCIS and low and behold  the status is New Card Is Being Produced!!!!! Can you believe that? USCIS has been known to error before, so I really can only hold my breath until the card arrives in the mail. I'm sure this will happened to other folks here on VJ if in fact this was not an error. So we all can be on the look out for other people getting their GC without going on a interview. I know no interview was a common thing several years ago, but USCIS changed that to where everyone interviewed. The only thing I can think of other than being an error is USCIS decided that all the cancellations of interviews was going to set them way behind so they decided to clean out a few cases and approve without an interview.

For your information we submitted the standard AOS packet (pre February 24th). In addition to the supporting documents for the I-485, I-864, I-765 and the I-131 we did not send any other documents or evidence (besides the marriage license). I have no explanation other than what I have laid out here. I'll for sure post here once the card reaches us! What a Friday!!!!!!!!! And it's early still!!!!!

Congratulations! I can’t think of anyone that deserves this the most. Praying that everyone else gets good news soon. We are also hoping some other cases get resolved without interviews.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Who else remains in this thread without a GC?   We seem to have no end in sight...

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/3/2020 at 10:44 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Well I was not going to post this as it could be a HUGE error, but I decided to post anyway as it serves to give other VJers information and also something to perhaps look out for if you are in the same boat as us. My AOS interview was scheduled for April 17th and due to the virus situation it was cancelled as I expected. My status changed back to case ready for interview on April 1st. Enter today April 3rd I get a text from USCIS get this..... that a new card is being produced for the I-485 form (GC)!!!!!!!!

No interview no advance warning no nothing. I immediately logged on to my account at USCIS and low and behold  the status is New Card Is Being Produced!!!!! Can you believe that? USCIS has been known to error before, so I really can only hold my breath until the card arrives in the mail. I'm sure this will happened to other folks here on VJ if in fact this was not an error. So we all can be on the look out for other people getting their GC without going on a interview. I know no interview was a common thing several years ago, but USCIS changed that to where everyone interviewed. The only thing I can think of other than being an error is USCIS decided that all the cancellations of interviews was going to set them way behind so they decided to clean out a few cases and approve without an interview.

For your information we submitted the standard AOS packet (pre February 24th). In addition to the supporting documents for the I-485, I-864, I-765 and the I-131 we did not send any other documents or evidence (besides the marriage license). I have no explanation other than what I have laid out here. I'll for sure post here once the card reaches us! What a Friday!!!!!!!!! And it's early still!!!!!

That is amazing news!! So happy for you!!! It really sounds like the real deal!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Who else remains in this thread without a GC?   We seem to have no end in sight...

🙋🏽‍♂️

And I just moved to NYC, so I'm not expecting an interview anytime soon...

9 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

🙋🏽‍♂️

And I just moved to NYC, so I'm not expecting an interview anytime soon...

We are in Florida.  But, we are still waiting.  Praying we get approvals without interviews!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

6 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

Me, We are in Dallas though 

Hoping you get GC without interview too!  Haha Or that at least it finally moves for all of us!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hoping you get GC without interview too!  Haha Or that at least it finally moves for all of us!

I hope so too but I’m really not expecting it anytime soon because of the whole coronavirus. I have my EAD/AP for now 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well I guess it's official I just got the approval notice in the mail with notice date of 4/3/2020. I suspect the GC will follow in the next few days. Wow what a rush! I also suspect that other cases will follow suit!

Congrats 🙏

Another status update  4/7/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me. Wow they are really on the ball here. I can attest to the fact at least in my cases this has NOT been the case before!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

17 minutes ago, marlasinger said:

Same thing happened to me, I got the best surprise ever in the mail yesterday! I thought it was just the interview cancellation notice but it was the approval! I had to read it 10 times to make sure it was true 😂 congratulations!!

Looks like they might be starting in ernest now. Congratulations to you!! That's  two of us from the Dallas office!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

14 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Looks like they might be starting in ernest now. Congratulations to you!! That's  two of us from the Dallas office!!!!

Hoping this moves into other offices!  Haha!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.