PirateLiker

Ideas to make this train wreck less painful?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Unless it's been stated, we're also assuming her life status in the Ukraine and judging him based on what we think she might have given up. 

What if she lives at home with her parents, had a good job so she has savings, and can return back to her bedroom in her parent's house just like before?  Sure, she may be embarrassed but they both made this choice, especially if he expressed things to her beforehand. 

So what if she is made (financially) whole just by returning home?  What does he owe her then?

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

2 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

I agree with the thought behind this, but in this case, he kinda knew what his stance was on this relationship for 6 months prior to Visa approval & the worst part about this unfortunate situation is that she’s only arrived but a week ago. 👀

I agree. Perhaps they should give it a chance to work. Throw out the list and start over. But then again, perhaps she should run away as fast as possible. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

But then again, perhaps she should run away as fast as possible. 

Agree with this bit. Also feel bad for the cat. From what I gather ex-fiancee is not fluent in English, she is double trapped here. 

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I don't think you can file VAWA if you are not married..... She has no legal way for permanent residence until they got married....

I am afraid OP will get guilted into marriage and then history becomes important.  OP,  don't waffle on the decision you have now made.  It is better to be single than marries to the wrong person. He already feels badly about her situation.

The she said/he said usually favors the woman in most states (especially in the post-Kavanaugh era).   Even before marriage while she is here, he can be ordered out of his home so that she can have it or she can claim to be a crime victim. In my state, an unwarranted temporary protective order remains as a searchable record unless you spend thousands to have it removed.

Women can also become violent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

I am annoyed that the OP hasn't even logged on since starting this thread which leads me to believe that he probably doesn't care what we think.  Also, I am a little bothered by the fact that he chose Colombia to "disguise his personal problem."  Sorry I know this is off topic but it has really bothered me since first reading this post.  

Well, he's got bigger problems to take care of right now than what some people on the internet think of him. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, RLA said:

Well, he's got bigger problems to take care of right now than what some people on the internet think of him. 

Then why post on VJ and ask us about what we thought?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RLA said:

He sure does and those are self imposed problems.  Looking at the thread topic, I can't help but wonder who he was trying to make it less painful for...him or her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP will probably return at some point.

Moderation notice:  Several posts have needed editing for language.  Be aware that altering a profane word (such as the "F" word in all its forms) is a Terms of Service violation ("avoiding the site's word-filter").  Even in heated threads, we can express ourselves perfectly well without the use of this and similar terms.  Thanks for your awareness and compliance.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.