Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Ate

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Member # 320022

Profile Information

  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Ate

    Requirements for filing of k1 visa

    The document checklists on the USCIS and USEM sites do not mention any requirement for PSA annotated marriage certificate. For the petition, your finalized annulment decree should be enough evidence of termination of your previous marriage. However, I highly recommend you work on getting your PSA documents (CENOMAR and MC) annotated as soon as possible, if you haven't done so already. You may be required to submit them for CFO. No CFO sticker = no flying out of the Philippines.
  2. Yes, best to contact the Singapore Registry of Marriages directly: https://www.rom.gov.sg/index.asp Based on the info on their site, here are the basic steps for the marriage process in Singapore -- Planning and preparation: Fulfill residency requirement to be eligible to file -- minimum of 15 consecutive days of physical presence in Singapore; can be any time before filing, no need to be immediately before filing; only one of you needs to fulfill this requirement; passport stamps are sufficient evidence Set wedding date and make arrangements for the ceremony Make arrangements with a licensed solemnizer -- must not be earlier than 4 months before planned ceremony Filing and wedding: File notice of marriage online Schedule appointment for Verification of Documents and Statutory Declaration (VD/SD) Complete notice period -- minimum of 21 days up to maximum of 3 months after filing; no need for either of you to be present in Singapore during the notice period Attend VD/SD appointment -- both parties must be present at the appointment Attend wedding ceremony with licensed solemnizer and witnesses -- ceremony must be conducted in Singapore within 3 months but no sooner than 21 days after filing notice So yes, the whole process can be completed in 15 days (residency) + 21 days (notice) + VD/SD appointment + wedding ceremony. If your fiancee has 15 days vacation time, I suggest she start on that residency requirement ASAP. And if you two are ok with a no-frills wedding in Singapore, the Registry also conducts simple wedding services for those who want to skip the fancy wedding planning. You might want to consider that option since you mentioned having traditional ceremonies in Indonesia anyway. Good luck to you both!
  3. Ate


    You can try, but don't get your hopes up.
  4. Ate


    Option 1: Check for available earlier slots at other CFO locations. Option 2: Rebook your ticket.
  5. Ate

    NOA2 recieved what next?!

    Your fiancee needs the MNL# from NVC to be able to complete her medical at SLEC. Check out Hank's guide for the application process steps via the US embassy in Manila after petition approval -- https://visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html
  6. If that was her only prior marriage, a valid divorce decree from the UK will be enough evidence for US immigration that she is legally free to marry.
  7. If applying through the US embassy in Manila, children are required to attend their visa interview, even if they won't actually be asked any questions. I don't think you need to worry about your fiancee's daughter being too active. I saw toddlers running around in the embassy during my visit for interview. Also, it might help that the 2-year-old daughter might be a 3-year-old by the time she needs to go for her K2 interview. A big age gap is not usually an issue for USEM, as long as you can prove that you two are in a genuine relationship. In your case, this remains to be seen as you have yet to meet your beneficiary in person. I wish you well on your journey.
  8. Don't delay your filing just to wait on third-party affidavits. Those are considered weak evidence. Focus on stronger evidence of time spent together. Based on what you posted above, it seems like you already have enough of those.
  9. Now this is a cause for concern. Do you mean that your husband applied for a passport and was denied because he owes $2,500 or more in child support payments? For CR1, the USC petitioner is required to provide evidence that they are able to financially support the beneficiary after immigrating to the US. If the US Department of State knows that your husband has child support arrears greater than $2,500, the US embassy in Manila may know about it too. How will your husband prove that he can support you when you move to the US, if he can't even fulfill his support obligations for his own child(ren)? This may impact the consul officer's decision on whether you will become a public charge if you are allowed to immigrate.
  10. No need to be worried about this. US immigration does not require Philippine recognition of your divorce. What's required: your South Korean divorce record must be valid, you have an English translation, and your divorce was finalized before your marriage to your current husband. US immigration officials will not question why you are using your maiden name in your passport and other paperwork. US immigration does not require a married woman to use her husband's surname. In addition, Philippine law does not require a married woman to use her husband's surname either. Philippine law allows a married woman to change her name if she wants to, but it is not required. Here are the details from the Philippine Commission on Women -- https://pcw.gov.ph/law/memorandum-circular-no-2016-07-allowing-married-women-retain-and-use-their-maiden-name-lieu-their-husband%E2%80%99s-surname-accordance-existing-laws-and-pertinent-jurisprudence CENOMAR is required, if applicable. In your case, it is not applicable. Instead, you will be required to submit proof of termination of prior marriage. So, submit your Philippine CEMAR showing your ex-husband's name, along with the foreign divorce record as proof of termination of that marriage. It's up to you and your husband to assess if you need help from a lawyer. But if all you're concerned about are the items you posted above, they don't seem like issues that could cause a delay or denial of your CR1 application. Many, many divorced women (even some Filipinas!) go through the CR1 process successfully, and some of those women here on VJ have done so without help from a lawyer. Good luck on your visa journey!
  11. Congratulations on getting your K1 visa! There's still AOS to file after getting married. You are allowed to go back to your country anytime you want. The problem is returning to the US. You will not be allowed to enter the US again if you do not have an AP document. You may apply for AP (and EAD) for free when you file for AOS (or after you file for AOS). Current estimates for AP/EAD processing is 4 to 6 months after filing.
  12. Put the father's information on the DS-260. Putting "Don't know" would not be accurate in your wife's case. You don't want to be caught in a lie on any immigration document. It's fine if the DS-260 doesn't match the blank entry in the birth certificate. If your wife will be interviewing in Vietnam, consul officers there would know what it means when there is no father listed in the BC. I doubt it would be considered a big deal.
  13. Ate

    Visa Denied

    I'm sure you meant no offense, but I find your comment ironic, given the fact that you intend to leave your children behind to vacation with your boyfriend in the US. I do not condone the acts of those Filipinos who chose to break US immigration laws, but I do understand that many of them did so out of desperation, for the sake of their own families who are depending on them. It annoys me greatly that their actions have made it harder for genuine Filipino tourists to be granted visas, but I would not rush to label those Filipino illegal workers as "heartless".
  14. Ate

    Visa Denied

    Having kids at home is not considered a strong tie to the Philippines because Filipinos have been known to leave their children behind to stay and work illegally in the US. When you apply again, the next CO will have access to your previous DS-160, as well as the comments from the previous CO who interviewed you. You will probably be asked about what changed since your last interview. If there are no significant changes to your personal circumstances, you will likely be denied again. But, no one here can tell you for sure. The only way to find out is to apply again. I wish you good luck and I hope you let us know how it goes.
  15. Ate

    Are bank statments needed

    There is no sponsorship for tourist visa. Here is what the US Department of State says about affidavit of support -- Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html