vibrantone

How do I file a complaint about NVC

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, vibrantone said:

I think your thinking of another process.  This is the process that I read about, I didn't think about it..,  I read it.. like a contract. 

Process for Bringing your Fiancé(e) to the United States

The process for bringing your fiancé(e) to the United States involves USCIS, the U.S. Department of State (DOS), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). At each stage in the process, background and security checks may be conducted on both you and your fiancé(e). This may include checks in various databases for national security, criminal history, and other information about you and your fiancé(e). These checks are conducted using fingerprints, names, or other biographic or biometric information.

Step 1: Petition for Fiancé(e) – USCIS

1. You file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) according to the form instructions. This form asks USCIS to recognize the relationship between you and your fiancé(e).
  2. We review your Form I-129F and the documents you submitted. We may mail you a request for evidence if we need additional documentation or information.
  3. If you establish your eligibility, we approve your Form I-129F and recognize the claimed fiancé(e) relationship. Otherwise, we deny your Form I-129F and notify you of the reasons for denial.
  4. We send the approved Form I-129F to the DOS National Visa Center (NVC).

For additional information about filing the petition, see the Form I-129F and form instructions.

Step 2:  Visa Application – DOS

1. The NVC forwards the approved Form I-129F to the U.S. Embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. This is generally the U.S. Embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.
  2. The U.S. Embassy or consulate notifies you when the visa interview for your fiancé(e) is scheduled.
  3. Your fiancé(e) applies for the K-1 nonimmigrant visa and brings the required forms and documents to the visa interview.
  4. The DOS consular officer determines whether your fiancé(e) qualifies for the K-1 nonimmigrant visa.   
    • If the consular officer grants the K-1 nonimmigrant visa, it is valid for up to 6 months for a single entry.
    • If the consular officer does not find the relationship to be bona fide, DOS will not issue a K-1 nonimmigrant visa and instead will return the Form I-129F to USCIS. Generally, if DOS returns a Form I-129F to us after it has expired, we will allow it to remain expired. However, you may choose to file a new Form I‑129F.

For additional information about applying for a visa, see the DOS Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiancé(e) page.

Step 3:  Inspection at a Port of Entry – CBP

If DOS issues a K-1 nonimmigrant visa, your fiancé(e) travels to the United States and seeks admission at a port of entry while the K-1 nonimmigrant visa is valid. As with any visa, a K-1 nonimmigrant visa does not guarantee admission to the United States. A CBP officer at the port of entry will make the ultimate decision about whether to admit your fiancé(e).

Step 4: Marriage

If your fiancé(e) is admitted as a K-1 nonimmigrant, you and your fiancé(e) have 90 days to marry each other.

Step 5:  Adjustment of Status – USCIS

1. If you marry within 90 days, your fiancé(e)—now your spouse—may apply for a Green Card by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
  2. We review Form I-485 and the documents your spouse submitted. We may mail a request for evidence to your spouse if we need additional documentation or information.
  3. You and your spouse will usually be required to appear for an interview.
  4. If you were married for less than two years at the time the Form I-485 is approved, USCIS will grant your spouse conditional permanent resident status and issue a Green Card valid for 2 years. Your spouse will need to remove the conditions on his or her residence by filing Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence in the 90 days before his or her Green Card expires. 

For additional information about applying for a Green Card, see the Form I-485 and instructions and the Green Card for Fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizen page.

For additional information about removing the conditions on your spouse’s conditional permanent residence, see the Form I-751 page and the Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage page.

Each case is different and the length of the process varies. USCIS processes fiancé(e) petitions in the order we receive them. For more information about current processing times for the Form I-129F, see the Check Processing Times page.

You asked about filing a complaint to NVC, but in the process you posted above it clearly states (Step 2, 1 and 2) that NVC really does nothing with the I129F packages other than forward them to the consulate.  Any welcome letter or notification about proceeding comes from the consulate.  Now NVC will hold packages until the consulate is ready and due to backlogs in the consulate's IV unit (K1's are processed in the consulate IV unit) this might be some time.  I do not know what the backlog is at Mexico City, but I doubt NVC is holding on to your package for the heck of it.  You can send NVC an email, but more than likely you will just get a canned response about consulate backlogs, etc.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

At least Mexico City has one of the worst backlogs in the world and OP hasn't lost time. That's probably what NVC was telling him. That nothing is moving for Mexico City and not that they're closed.

Like others have stated, check your case status at the ceac website. Change to non-immigrant visa and all you need is the case number that NVC gave you to check your status.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with all of the posts contrary to your beliefs.  You do NOT upload documents to the NVC for a k1 visa.  My fiance and I went through the K1 process in 2021.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I myself haven’t done a K1 or CR1, but I immediately knew that you were in the wrong when you posted about uploading documents to NVC with a K1. Been here long enough to know that. 
The most experienced members here have been telling you you are wrong, but you insist. And you tell them that their K1 journey was successful out of luck. No bro, you need to read it the guidelines for K1 posted in VJ. Read, read, read.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Follow what USCIS actually says for K1    BTW they have it step by step

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-of-us-citizens/visas-for-fiancees-of-us-citizens

1. We send the approved Form I-129F to the DOS National Visa Center (NVC).

For additional information about filing the petition, see the Form I-129F and form instructions.

Step 2:  Visa Application – DOS

1. The NVC forwards the approved Form I-129F to the U.S. Embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. This is generally the U.S. Embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.
  2. The U.S. Embassy or consulate notifies you when the visa interview for your fiancé(e) is scheduled.
  3. Your fiancé(e) applies for the K-1 nonimmigrant visa and brings the required forms and documents to the visa interview.

NVC does nothing but assign a number

u can pay for a immigration lawyer   if u choose to  and pay for one and ask him to file a WOM 

let a good immigration lawyer explain the process and that NVC is not the problem

or u can simply believe us who have gone thru the process 

i did k1 first and then a CR1

gone all the way thru to citizenship so yeah,   NVC doesn't do anything /no fees to them/  no documents to them

your fiancee will take them to embassy so prepare for that 

and PLEASE DO A TIMELINE as you are going to need a lot of help with AOS and ROC here in the US

Timeline
5 hours ago, vibrantone said:

I actually have posted actual resources from the NVC and CEAC websites, those are la.  I appreciate you are so lucky you can get through your process with alternative facts.  Your very blessed.  However, the question was how to complain when NVC does not follow its own rules.

see a immigration lawyer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt and believe when they said "upload documents" they were really referring to filling out the DS-160 for the K1 (I could be wrong, but the checklist is pretty cut and dry for a K1).  As has already been said by many, NVC is just a clearinghouse for the I129F, and they hold these packages until the specific consulate is ready.  NVC does not trigger the K1 applicant to fill out the DS160, the consulate does.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
8 hours ago, vibrantone said:

I came here asking how to file a complaint about the NVC because after 3 contacts I am yet to be given the welcome letter with the digits to upload documents and work towards completing this process.  Someone else commented that I did not need a welcome letter which is the the information that is posted in several areas.  And yes its for a k1 visa at this stage.

You clearly don't want help. People keep telling you you're wrong, but until now you've only been combative. Not even going to bother with replying or helping. I'm out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The NVC does sometimes send what they all a welcome letter via email with your case number, most people never get it ( I didn't) I had to do the call on the phone late at night right before the NVC call center closed to get my case and invoice number. I have seen people get the email he is taking about, but your better off deleting it, because honestly your better off without it.

Like others have said, follow the CEAC case tracker to keep up on your visa status, but until it says at the consulate, and then the status changes to "Ready" there is not much to do.

I will throw in the fact that I successfully completed my wifes K1 process without uploading anything to the NVC, so I agree with all the other posters, you do not upload anything to NVC with a K1.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline

Op   

go to timelines of others doing both K1 and CR1

u will see under CR1 (spouse visa), timelines have a NVC recd 

and then pay AOS fee 

pay Ds 260 fee 

and then dQ which means accepted fees and documents and are documentarily qualified

I-130 Sent :  
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-04-30
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-17
I-130 RFE Sent : 2011-02-09
I-130 Approved :  
NVC Received :  
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2104-6-20
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-6-23
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2014-7-1
Submit DS-261 :  
Receive IV Bill : 2014-6-20
Pay IV Bill : 2014-6-23
Send IV Package :  
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :  
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-5-23
NVC Left : 2015-
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received : 2015-
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received : 2015-
Interview Date : 2015-7-13 icon13.gif Submit Review
Interview Result : Approved
Second Interview
(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

under K1 u just see this on timeline

i129f_file_yes.gif i129f_noa1_yes.gif i129f_noa2_yes.gif    
Dept of State K1 Visa:   nvc_receive_yes.gif consulate_rec_yes.gif interview_yes.gif approval_yes.gif

Timeline

Op posted entered US in June

and was told "welcome to US by CBC officer"

Hi~ I guess you can try, the worst that can happen is they tell you to go to your line ~ But the whole process is really not that scary. In my situation i waited around 15 minutes in visitor line. Then said hello to the officer, gave him my passport and visa documents. After biometrics and pic taken i was asked to follow other officer to some room (secondary, keep in mind phones are not allowed to use while in there). I sat there for about 15 min. Officer then called my name, handed me passport, smiled and said “welcome to the usa” That’s it. My point of entry is JFK airpot~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.