Sad K1 Man

She cheated / want to withdraw case / will she find out?

21 posts in this topic

U.S. Citizen here, met a girl and fell in love. Thought she's the one, submitted 129F application, found out through friends and family that she's been seen with another man, I have real proof. I want to withdraw the case, I have only received NOA1, it was submitted in March of 2022. She has the case #, will she find out that I withdrew the case? I feel very used and stupid, this is my only way of getting back at her,  I haven't confronted her yet...

I understand what the right approach is, but she lied to me and told me that she loves me, we met and had a great time. She needs a taste of her own medicine and I want to see how long she'll keep on lying to me. I'm withdrawing the case tomorrow, if she logs on to the check status page, what will the report show? Now it shows, case has been received. Will it show withdrawn or no record?

13 minutes ago, Sad K1 Man said:

I understand what the right approach is, but she lied to me and told me that she loves me, we met and had a great time. She needs a taste of her own medicine and I want to see how long she'll keep on lying to me. I'm withdrawing the case tomorrow, if she logs on to the check status page, what will the report show? Now it shows, case has been received. Will it show withdrawn or no record?

She won't know for a very long time. 

Maybe 3-4 months if that. .. maybe longer. 

You should withdraw the application and move on. 

Do not waste anymore time or energy on this person. 

See this post for timeline of K1 withdrawal (2 months) 

This couple withdrew because they got married.

But, same procedure. 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

She won't know for a very long time. 

Maybe 3-4 months if that. .. maybe longer. 

You should withdraw the application and move on. 

Do not waste anymore time or energy on this person. 

See this post for timeline of K1 withdrawal (2 months) 

This couple withdrew because they got married.

But, same procedure. 

Just write a letter (with the receipt number mentioned) to withdraw the I-129F.  Attach the receipt notice for reference.  There is no form to with draw it is just a letter.. send it to california service center you may see it in receipt notice.

8 hours ago, Sad K1 Man said:

You are emotional , hurt but nonetheless eager to strategize the revenge ( withdrawal before telling her, hoping to string her along so you can determine how long she will keep lying)….and you may not be sure IF you want to end it or are hoping she will learn her lesson.

In an ideal world, you could simply confront her alleged infidelity and if you cannot forgive, trust and work at repairing, then you TELL HER upfront, withdraw and move on. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I don’t think there is a reason to confront her. Most likely she will deny the infidelity or she will try to justify her actions.
Revenge might give you a temporary satisfaction, but it’s not going to make you feel better in the long run. You’ll always remember what she did to you. Just move on with your life and find someone honest and trustworthy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good you found out before she got to US, used you, dumped you for the other guy or just got to airport and vanished with the other guy as we've seen happen here before. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

You are upset and hurt that's normal when it comes to matter of the heart. Just consider yourself lucky, look at it as a blessing that you are finding out now rather than later. Most marriage that last is because both people love and respect each other, there was no Fake, No pretense, what you see is what you get. I've been down that road my friend, the more you keep it inside, the more it will hurt you. Let her know that you found out what she's been doing, she's going to probably denies it, then move on. But make sure the info that you get is 99% true, not some bad info from someone who may not like her.

Gone but not Forgotten!

14 hours ago, Sad K1 Man said:

U.S. Citizen here, met a girl and fell in love. Thought she's the one, submitted 129F application, found out through friends and family that she's been seen with another man, I have real proof. I want to withdraw the case, I have only received NOA1, it was submitted in March of 2022. She has the case #, will she find out that I withdrew the case? I feel very used and stupid, this is my only way of getting back at her,  I haven't confronted her yet...

Why would you not want her to find out about the withdrawal? If she in fact did cheat then she should be told by you that you are withdrawing the case. If there is another reason you are withdrawing the case then you should be upfront and tell that too. You are free to withdraw the case as you see fit and really no reason is needed only you want to withdraw it. Be grown up enough to tell her the real deal whatever it may be! Wouldn't you like to be told if the shoe was on the other foot?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.