fnkim

Divorce/Married

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I filled Divoce but is not completed yet still in court, now I want to bring my girlfriend from Africa which I'm planning to marry after my Divoce went through. my question, Is can ok start process on filling  her as my Fiance or do I need to wait until my Divoce is completed? Please I need advice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
44 minutes ago, fnkim said:

I filled Divoce but is not completed yet still in court, now I want to bring my girlfriend from Africa which I'm planning to marry after my Divoce went through. my question, Is can ok start process on filling  her as my Fiance or do I need to wait until my Divoce is completed? Please I need advice

Wait until your divorce is completed because you aren’t legally free to marry at this time. You will also need to include a copy of the divorce decree in your  petition 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would suggest you take this time, for your girlfriend to try to get a tourist visa, so she has the option to visit you during the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Troy B said:

I would suggest you take this time, for your girlfriend to try to get a tourist visa, so she has the option to visit you during the process.

Depending on the country in Africa and her circumstances (strong or weak ties to her home country), it may be more feasible for OP to visit his/her girlfriend during the process.  Having a boyfriend/girlfriend in the US could make it very difficult for her to get a B2.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

For high fraud countries in Africa, like Morocco and Nigeria, you will need solid relationship evidence.  Make multiple visits to your girlfriend from now until you get the divorce decree in order to have as much evidence as possible to submit with your petition.

As @Rocio0010 mentioned, CR1 is better than K1. Therefore, make one of your trips just after you get the divorce and get married to file the I-130.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what u are planning is a red flag to immigration

Marriage soon after one person's divorce

Again, a marriage by someone who was presumably not free to date until recently could indicate that the "courtship" was suspiciously short. (Or you might have to prove the existence of a long affair!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 hours ago, fnkim said:

Is can ok start process on filling  her as my Fiance

It seems you have a taste for trouble and complicating your life. 😁

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
14 hours ago, fnkim said:

Is can ok start process on filling  her as my Fiance or do I need to wait until my Divoce is completed? Please I need advice

Without a divorce decree at best your I-129F will get an RFE.  If the decree shows a divorce date that is after the day you filed I-129F, it will be rejected.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, fnkim said:

my question, Is can ok start process on filling  her as my Fiance

No

15 hours ago, fnkim said:

or do I need to wait until my Divoce is completed?

Yes

16 hours ago, fnkim said:

No, you cannot file a fiance petition while you are still married

Edited by iwannaplay54

2 hours ago, Illiria said:

Also I saw that your profile says naturalisation complete - were you the immigrant in your first marriage? 

If so is your girlfriend from the same country? 

And crucially, did you know her before your first marriage? 

This could get interesting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, fnkim said:

Get divorced first, you will need the Judge signed off certified copy of the divorce decree, suggest you get a few certified copies of it.

Get ready for red flags, of marrying so quickly after divorce., &  especially since you immigrated yourself.

Are you and her from the same country?

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.