MzAllen

Who Else Thinks Their Spouse Committed Marriage Fraud?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, MzAllen said:

That makes perfect sense, I fell for the love bombing and actually met my husband's family...

Can you ask her if she'd be interested in filing a mandamus action or class action lawsuit or give her my information please?

Thanks for your response

How do either of these relate to the subject you mentioned?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i can not even begin to count the times i have opened and scanned posts when an american is "in love online " sometimes never having met the person

and people here tell them 'take it easy"  " don't rush into a marriage"   get to know the man/woman

but if fact ,  no one wants to hear that but it is said many times

and even if a person marries another american,  it can be for the wrong reasons and one of them is using the other

Please forget and forgive and move on 

and take this as a hard hard lesson to learn because if you don't ,,  you will age fast and none of us needs premature  grey hair

Edited by kris&me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Moved from USCIS Service Centers to General Immigration-Related Discussion**

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline
5 minutes ago, davidvs said:

Just wondering how many people were "duped" into thinking they were in a actual relationship, just to find out shortly afterwards you were not....and were essentially by a USC as basically an indentured servant with the threat of deportation or other consequences hanging over your head?

There is a possibility of preventing this from happening to anyone else....if we brainstorm and work together!!!!

Naysayers, please keep in mind that beneficiaries spent considerable amounts spent time, energy and money, as well as giving up their lives in their former country so be kind. And finally, any negativity is not appreciated here. If you haven't been in their shoes...how would you even know how they feel????

Immigration fraud is a two way street and can happen to both the petitioner and the beneficiary. I pray everyone on this journey finds the happy ending they are desiring.

Let's start with simple cases.

How would you respond to the not that infrequent situation where people come on here wanting to know the immigration process for people that they have yet to met?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Let's start with simple cases.

How would you respond to the not that infrequent situation where people come on here wanting to know the immigration process for people that they have yet to met?

The same way 99% of all of would...

Take a step back, breathe, start thinking with your head and not your heart, and get on a plane and go meet the person face to face. 

As a side note, I joined  here looking for K1 info for someone I had never met, the next month that relationship fell apart... 4 months later I met my wife and had my head screwed on much better. 

Timeline

To my knowledge I have not met any of the posters on here, not sure I would say we have a relationship, well I guess I could, but hardly conveys the reality.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, davidvs said:

The same way 99% of all of would...

Take a step back, breathe, start thinking with your head and not your heart, and get on a plane and go meet the person face to face. 

As a side note, I joined  here looking for K1 info for someone I had never met, the next month that relationship fell apart... 4 months later I met my wife and had my head screwed on much better. 

yes,   so many of the members are intended immigrants and that's why i asked the poster from tunisia if they had even met the American  and the person never answered but asked if there were people from Tunisia as i guess she didn't like what i said

BTW to all you who are new to the process ,  if a person gets a CR1 stamp on the visa ,  they can get off the plane and abandon you then/ no citizenship needed

But 4 different people have written to me on here and it seems USCs have abandoned them / not willing to continue the process after marriage and the Moroccan has no idea how to divorce and move on

one can not find the woman as she moves so much

one can not sign the divorce papers as it says he lives in Florida and he has never been to the USA 

other 2 i can not remember

but,  in truth ,  all of us ,  unless you are an American Indian,  are immigrants and the laws and rules now don't allow people to just come to the USA so many look FOR ANY OTHER WAY

i will be very honest now because of our age difference and when Adil says "i love you everyday" and we survive as a couple no one is more shocked than me because i was afraid of a committment.     and one day he says (out of the blue)  i am so happy i married you as u are so easy going

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have so much to say on this issue and sorry to bore anyone

but this very issue is why USCIS created the DS5535 form to use when they felt there could be issues and a fake relationship

the form does extra security by asking about online sites and cell numbers , etc used by the intending immigrant/  they are able to look into these sites to see who the person is talking to -perhaps scamming.  And people who do this not only talk to USCs but Canadians,  Europeans 

i was once on a penpail site and thought and talking supposely to a couple from Europeto visit me (British cell number) who called me from 'Charles deGaule !!!!!! airport saying needed money as someone stole theirs and a rooster crowed

to those of you who do not know it is easy for a scammer to get a friend from Europe to send a sims card and now they have a British or French or German cell number 

so watch who you talk to 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, MzAllen said:

Just wondering how many people were "duped" into thinking they were in a actual relationship, just to find out shortly afterwards you were not....and were essentially used for a green card.

There is a possibility of preventing this from happening to anyone else....if we brainstorm and work together!!!!

Naysayers, please keep in mind that we petitioners spent considerable amounts spent time, energy and money, so be kind. And finally, any negativity is not appreciated here. If you haven't been in our shoes...how would you even know how we feel????

Even if you married someone here there is always a possibility of being "duped".  There is no guarantee that any relationship will last.  We as individuals have to know what we are getting into.   Keeping your eyes and ears open and thinking things through  before making a decision.  It can be extra difficult when you start to develop feelings... but love is a chioce.  Usually there are signs in the beginning we ignore.  There are lots of information on sites about getting involved with someone internationally and red flags to look for but at the end of the day you have to do your own research of your love interest.  As others have said spending lots of time in person is crucial to help you both to understand each other.  

Marriage is hard!   It takes a lot of work from both sides and is a life long commitment that you both have to be in for.  

Good luck on whatever you decide for your future!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had to go check my joined date to see if I joined before I met my wife lol. I don't think joining here without meeting someone is such a big deal. In fact I say understanding the process and what it will take to finally be together before a relationship gets too serious is a good thing. Now for the ones that show up asking how they can get around a meeting requirement or how they can get married remotely that is a little different. I can think of a few reasons why someone would be interested in those things and no ways to talk sense to them. Luckily the US government prevents them from bringing someone to the US in 99.9 percent of cases. So again they are trying to protect both parties.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.