Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About ThomasNC1988

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Member # 277420
  • Location Tarboro, NC, USA

Profile Information

  • State
    North Carolina

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Adjustment of Status (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    National Benefits Center
  • Local Office
    Raleigh NC
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

2,296 profile views
  1. Last time I checked instructions said N/A. Not a huge deal but best to follow the instructions 100 percent.
  2. Sadly, they do not care at all about your deadline. In Iran you could be looking at a weeks wait or a year there is really no telling.
  3. Here is something everyone should read in order to understand the consequences of unauthorized work and who those consequences apply to as there seems to be a lot of confusion. https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartB-Chapter6.html
  4. USCIS, they forgive unauthorized work by spouses of US citizens. Again it is illegal and they could change that policy anytime so it is best to follow the rules, but if you have already been doing it I wouldn't be worried about it.
  5. Don't do it because it is illegal. It is not risky to you because you would simply tell them you have been working illegally and they will not care.
  6. It is illegal, but not risky to you at all really. Yeah doesn't make sense, but that is how it is.
  7. There are laws in place to protect people like your spouse from this exact situation. How unfair would it be if you could marry someone who has no means of taking care of themselves move them in with you and then change your mind and put them on the street. You need to talk to your lawyer about getting him out of the house if that is what you want. Even if there is abuse involved you will have to go through the legal system.
  8. 1. Not even sure what you mean. You will get an EAD/AP combo card that will be valid for one year from the date it was issued. It is pretty much equal to a GC for reentry purposes. 2. The marriage certificate would be the document that is on file at the court house or administration building where you were married. If you didn't get sent a copy you can go there and get one. 3. I've always thought employment verification letters were dumb if you've been employed somewhere long enough to have w2s and pay stubs and never sent one in at all.
  9. His visa should expire 6 months after his medical exam so he will have to enter the US by then. It is easy to delay the visa processing if you choose to.
  10. IF your timeline is accurate it would be more likely that he didn't have his visa yet than he would already be in the US and able to travel. He probably will have his visa by then but the chances of him already being able to travel out of the US at that point are basically zero. I'll add that processing times are always changing so you never know.
  11. You can easily delay your visa interview if you do not want to have it too soon. Edit: To answer your question, you can always leave, but if you leave without AP or a GC you have to start over with a new visa process.
  12. No that service is for correcting USCIS's mistake. You just have to wait for the RFE. Maybe you will get on maybe you won't. That is just how it goes.
  13. Probably a misunderstanding based on how much online content is dedicated to places like Morocco, where if you don't "meet the parents" you are probably going to run into trouble. That combined with the fact 97.3% of people don't get that the "requirements" vary greatly depending on where you are applying from and you get stuff like this.
  14. I don't really see any reason not to. It's no as if it takes a significant amount of effort. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
  • Create New...